Revell 1:32 Bell X-1

ollieholmes

Might be able to adapt the back plate from my X-1A kit? trim it to fit inside the opening?

Have to build one of these my self to go with the X-1A

Paul

If it fit, it could be a cool aftermarket corrective part that should be appreciated by many X-1 builders. The Revell kit is cheap and quite good, except for the nozzle. (and old fashion panel lines). :)

I remember i was even impressed by the Bell logo on the yoke.

Nice looking X-1 Zero.

Is that a Valkyrie in the background?

Carl

Thanks !
I dont want to hi-jack OllieHolmes thread, but yes it is a Hasegawa Valkyrie 1/72, built about 10 years ago.
I may take a few pictures before the end of my vacation if there is some interest. :)

Sorry for the irrelevant !
Edited by Zero77

The cockpit is now finished. First photo is after i applied a wash:

20160811_215138_zpsxkrqqrkf.jpg

All done now:

20160813_222851_zpsseppxyny.jpg

And ive completly rescribed the kit now. It wasnt anywhere near as bad as i thought and ive also scribed a panel line along the edge of the spine and the part down the middle of the lower fuesaaleg as the panel lines just ended nowhere otherwise:

20160813_222856%201_zpsxlkj1zgt.jpg

20160813_222900_zps5gknxifu.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Ollie

Very nice progress. I hope you had a chance to read through Eric's buid ... he covered all the bases.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Do you think you will ever return to yours? I honestly enjoy working on the older simple kits more than the all singing all dancing modern kits.

Oh, definitely! I just don't know when, and it's not in my immediate plans. When I started it, I had no plans to rescribe the kit, but after having glued the wings together with the parts swapped around, I decided that I'll have to, just to put the right panels back in the right place. Whenever I start working on it again, it'll be updated here.

Kev

Ollie

Very nice progress. I hope you had a chance to read through Eric's buid ... he covered all the bases.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

I did have a good read through Erics build and im taking some ideas from his work. I will be doing some canopy work for sure and i have added wiring to the instrument panel. I will admit i have just blanked off the back end of the fuesalage with plastic card though.

Oh, definitely! I just don't know when, and it's not in my immediate plans. When I started it, I had no plans to rescribe the kit, but after having glued the wings together with the parts swapped around, I decided that I'll have to, just to put the right panels back in the right place. Whenever I start working on it again, it'll be updated here.

Kev

Ive made the same mistake as you have with the wings. Ive just scribed in the panels and sanded off the unwanted ones. Its not such an issue when you rescribe it all anyway.