WNW kits listed on Wetaworkshop.com

Jan_G

After you choose shipping option Danny you can decide to pay by paypal or to enter billing address and card details

but I didnt finish any order yet so cannot confirm if its working correctly

jan

This is quite weird Nicolas, because I can use paypal to pay, that is that stage when you realise what VAT should you pay :)

Yes, that's weird... I cannot go through the ordering process if i cannot enter a CC number. The site asks for it just after choosing the shipping options, and it's impossible to review the order (with the VAT included) without entering it. Or did i miss something?

Maybe one can choose to pay with paypal at the very end of the process (and i did not notice it?) but if so, why asking for a CC number?

To me, this is a big con.......it's fairly simple, no Paypal no purchase for me, as i only buy items on the net with Paypal. An online store as Weta should have Paypal, it's simple like that. :mental:

Greetz

Danny

I'm with you. I can make some exceptions, but i really prefer paying with paypal.

The only website i'm used to pay without paypal is amazon.

Edited by Zero77

Yes, that's weird... I cannot go through the ordering process if i cannot enter a CC number. The site asks for it just after choosing the shipping options, and it's impossible to review the order (with the VAT included) without entering it. Or did i miss something?

Maybe one can choose to pay with paypal at the very end of the process (and i did not notice it?) but if so, why asking for a CC number?

after I choose shipping option I get this screen Nicolas, and after I have clicke paypal I was redirected to paypal site to finish my payment

hopefully it helps

jan

weta_zpshfnrnp4b.png

I just noticed something VERY WEIRD. Indeed if i only have 1 kit in the cart, i have the paypal option. If i have 2, i dont have it anymore and have to enter a CC number... :)

The website may still need a few adjustment.

(i masked my adress) :

weta_zps0hnxbvok.jpg

Edited by Zero77

Oh ok i see it now, i think i didn't notice this. Indeed you can pay with Paypal, and that's a great advantage.

Thank's Jan, for the heads up mate.

I just noticed something VERY WEIRD. Indeed if i only have 1 kit in the cart, i have the paypal option. If i have 2, i dont have it anymore and have to enter a CC number...  :)

The website may still need a few adjustment.

Maybe if you enter 3 kits in the cart it will work :oops: .....no no just joking Nicolas :evil_laugh:

It's a strange thing isn't it, normally it should be working fine, no Mather how many kit's there in the cart. But if i understand it correctly, if you order two kits they increase the shipping cost??

Greetz

Danny

I asked the question, "Why was my order for three kits split into three separate shipments (and shipping charges?)"  The answer was:

"In the past Weta's main core of products have been large/oversized polystone collectables. With these they ship in singles. Unfortunately there is no rule/application for items to be combined together unless its a very small items like some jewellery that they also sell. This is currently on the list of things to being looked at, and hopefully soon it will have a fix applied to it."

Expressing my concern further, I received the following:

"I can understand this too Ron. But I have it high on my list for things that need to be corrected. I can assure you that <there> will be no releases at the moment till everything has been ironed out and all the teething issues have been corrected.  The US warehouse is based in Seattle."

It looks like we need to wait a bit longer before all is well in WETAville.

Thanks for these informations Ron !

Danny, yes you can pay with paypal if you order the kits one by one. Anyway at the moment, the site add 1 separate shipping charge for each kit (about 12€ for me), so whatever you order once 2 kits or twice 1 kit, you will pay the same. I even got 2 separate billings for the 2 kits i ordered at the same time.

I've just received this email : 

Hi Nrenoult,

Thank you for contacting Weta Workshop's Customer Support.

I'm sorry that we haven't responded to your enquiry yet. We are currently out of the office, or you've reached us after business hours.

To ensure we'll respond to your enquiry ASAP, we've opened your ticket and set your priority to 'URGENT'.

Please also check out our Online Help Centre which may have the answer you seek: https://wetaworkshop.zendesk.com.

If your query is related to recruitment, please see our recruitment pages: http://wetaworkshop.com/contact/recruitment/

Thank you for your patience. We'll be in touch soon.

Kind regards,

Weta Support.

The funny stuff is that i never contacted their customer support. :)

Did somebody else got it?

Very glad to see a CC option.

Given the total gouging PayPal do on currency exchange rates ripping anyone who doesn't use USD a new one I'm glad they have given an option out.

Banks offer far better exchange rates than PayPal who seriously should be investigated with rates off by 3-5%+.

Rip off merchants and it's sad to see many dealers only taking PayPal now and only offering CC purchases via them.

They are blatantly ripping people off on every foreign purchase.

On a standard WW purchase I made last year on 350USD I ended up paying 23 bucks more using PayPal than I would of paid with a credit card simply off exchange rate.

In short I only use them when I need to.

Edited by Darren Howie

Very glad to see a CC option.

Given the total gouging PayPal do on currency exchange rates ripping anyone who doesn't use USD a new one I'm glad they have given an option out.

Banks offer far better exchange rates than PayPal who seriously should be investigated with rates off by 3-5%+.

Rip off merchants and it's sad to see many dealers only taking PayPal now and only offering CC purchases via them.

They are blatantly ripping people off on every foreign purchase.

On a standard WW purchase I made last year on 350USD I ended up paying 23 bucks more using PayPal than I would of paid with a credit card simply off exchange rate.

In short I only use them when I need to.

Twice I have tried to use a bank to do currency exchange/ bank order to a foreign company. The MINIMUM charge is $40 on top of their exchange rate. "Service Charge" they call it, even though now it is all done electronically. So Paypal is by far the cheapest option for me here in the US. I know the bank route is pretty common in Europe, but US...

Twice I have tried to use a bank to do currency exchange/ bank order to a foreign company. The MINIMUM charge is $40 on top of their exchange rate. "Service Charge" they call it, even though now it is all done electronically. So Paypal is by far the cheapest option for me here in the US. I know the bank route is pretty common in Europe, but US...

If you have a no foreign transaction fee credit card, it's a cheaper option than PayPal as their rates are typically close to the actual exchange rate than PayPal.

All of these basic shopping mechanism issues makes me appreciate hobby sites like Sprue Brothers and Roll Models. You go in, select a catagony, select what you want and buy. Seamless and you know what is going on and will happen up front. This new place seems to be learning on the fly. They need to roll the site out after with input from users/user testing.

Did I miss something? Why do I need to scroll for ever to find things? I hate the scroll through long list to first find WNW and then to see/find a kit. I want the web designer to provide me with overview, menu selection and... please move the text with the buy button very close to the image of the kit product. I am thankful that we can buy the kits now.

Rick

If you have a no foreign transaction fee credit card, it's a cheaper option than PayPal as their rates are typically close to the actual exchange rate than PayPal.

Now that you mention it, we have one of those! Nordstrom card. But if I use it to buy all my model stuff my wife will kill me! She doesn't see my Paypal transactions! :)