WNW kits listed on Wetaworkshop.com

Jan_G

Twice I have tried to use a bank to do currency exchange/ bank order to a foreign company. The MINIMUM charge is $40 on top of their exchange rate. "Service Charge" they call it, even though now it is all done electronically. So Paypal is by far the cheapest option for me here in the US. I know the bank route is pretty common in Europe, but US...

Hi Ray,

I'm referring to just buying using a credit card vs PayPal.

If I buy something from Luckymodel using a normal credit card you get "bank" exchange rates.

If you buy something using a PayPal account you get PayPal exchange rates.

PayPal are notorious for give you a far lower rate than banks do.

So you will pay far more for something via a PayPal purchase than simply using a CC.

OK, I see. I am thinking of some of the small companies that don't accept credit cards and it is either Paypal or bank exchange.

You do need to verify your CC has the free exchanges, though, as most of my CC's charge for the exchange.

Just recieved this email from Weta.....Looks like a bit of an oops.    and yes I placed my order before today. hasn't arrived yet so have fingers and toes crossed.and if you ordered before "today"  hope it arrives safely.

As you may know, we've had an issue recently where items dispatched from our US warehouse were being sent without additional packaging. 

This was a huge concern for us, so we are pleased to report that the issue has now been rectified. From today, all Wingnut Wings items will be sent with protective cardboard packaging. 

Unfortunately, this means that if you placed your order prior to this date, your item may arrive without additional packaging. We'd like to sincerely apologise for this, and for any inconvenience this may cause. 

Please don't hesitate to contact me at help@wingnutwings.com if you have any concerns, or if any damage has been caused to your item in transit. 

Many thanks,

Dave.

Edited by williamj

Hi Ray,

I'm referring to just buying using a credit card vs PayPal.

If I buy something from Luckymodel using a normal credit card you get "bank" exchange rates.

If you buy something using a PayPal account you get PayPal exchange rates.

PayPal are notorious for give you a far lower rate than banks do.

So you will pay far more for something via a PayPal purchase than simply using a CC.

Completely untrue. At Lucky Model, the price of all items listed in your country's currency is displayed throughout the shopping and checkout process. The only difference between credit card and PayPal purchases there is the 3.5% additional fee that Lucky Model charges for PayPal transactions. 

So, Lucky Model's site is doing the currency conversion to determine the price paid - not your bank or PayPal. The same holds true for any retailer's site offering prices in various currencies. 

HTH,

D

Just recieved this email from Weta.....Looks like a bit of an oops.    and yes I placed my order before today. hasn't arrived yet so have fingers and toes crossed.and if you ordered before "today"  hope it arrives safely.

As you may know, we've had an issue recently where items dispatched from our US warehouse were being sent without additional packaging

This was a huge concern for us, so we are pleased to report that the issue has now been rectified. From today, all Wingnut Wings items will be sent with protective cardboard packaging. 

Unfortunately, this means that if you placed your order prior to this date, your item may arrive without additional packaging. We'd like to sincerely apologise for this, and for any inconvenience this may cause. 

Please don't hesitate to contact me at help@wingnutwings.com if you have any concerns, or if any damage has been caused to your item in transit. 

Many thanks,

Dave.

Well, all I can say is unbelievable!  We now pay for shipping and the kits are being sent without packaging on them!  This rollout after the end of free shipping has seen one more screw-up after another.  Makes the Charge of the Light Brigade seem like a sound military exercise.