1/32 Hurricane

Radub

And are there any special tips to getting the best resolution printed?

Hey Piet, another 'trick' to use to get improved resolution on the Alps is to create the image at 4 times the size I want to print and then set either your printer or your page setup (not both) to 25%.

It makes the image easier to work with as it's larger, and 'compresses' the image when printed.

Mike

a

b

e

n

...works for me <_<

Oh, I should have added that this is with Raster images as Vector images can be resized without affecting resolution.

I had no idea what an ALPs printer was. This site might be handy chaps ? ;)

http://www.jcrocket.com/alpsdecals.shtml

You're right it is such a tease with only one pic Radu but its looking great. Can't wait to see more! So much fun looking at this build :ph34r: :rolleyes:

Cheers Matt

Thanks for the link Matt...that will be very useful.

Thanks

Derek

As promised, here are some photos of the painted cockpit. There is still some work to be done - the complex cooling and hydraulic piping are painted and waiting to dry.

The harness is the "MDC Sutton" Pe set. The placards wer eprinted as described above with my OKI/ALPS printer. The instrument faces on the main instrument panel are from the Eduard set for the Hurricane. All other gauges were printed by myself. The cockpit was mostly painted with the Lifecolor paints, details painted with Tamyia or Aeromaster.

Radu

post-4-1126290786.jpg

Radub, that is a jewel of workmanship! Wow!! Thanks for sharing your work.... it really is the BEST I have ever seen. I would love to see it up close!! Cheers

Alan

P.s Just curious, where are you residing? There is going to be a LSP meeting in November this year in Friedrichshaffen in Germany.. would be a treat to see your work and meet you... maybe even a seminar or two!!! :rolleyes: :ph34r:

Hi Alan,

I am based in Ireland. Thanks for the invitation, but unfortunately I will not be able to come to Friedrichshaffen. In November I am going to the IPMS UK Modelworld (so I would rather save my money).

Radu

Guest LSP_Jay L

Superb work Radu! I'm loving that cockpit mate.

I'll see you at modelworld! I'll be behind the Hannants stand. Perhaps we can have a beer or three in the evening :D

Cheers mate,

Jay

Radu,

You have truly done some phenominal engineering on this build. Earlier you said if anyone had any tech build questions you would answer them so here it goes.

You mentioned that you could break down the cockpit into subassemblies for painting. Did you pin the tubular framework to interlock the assemblies without glue?

Speaking of the tubular framework. Did you use stock plastic rod or did you turn the section diameters on your lathe per the Bentley drawing requirements?

I have a ton more questions but I will stop for now.

Oh......what kind of digital camera are you using? The pics really show the detail.

Ric