IJN YAMATO - 1/350 by Tamiya (New Tool)

elmarriachi

+ photo etched parts by Eduard (railings)

The biggest battleship of the Japanese Navy. The IJN YAMATO in scale 1/350 as "new tooled" version by Tamiya.

It is built mostly oob, plus photo etched parts by Eduard (railins), replacement parts for some guns, a wooden deck and other small stuff. 
The painting is done with Lifecolor colours, the weathering made with oil colors. The rigging is made with EZ-Line.

And here we go ...

dsc_7954_1024x6787osnu.jpg

dsc_7957_1024x678nmsco.jpg

dsc_8009_1024x6781yslk.jpg

dsc_7998_1024x678foswn.jpg

dsc_7976_1024x678gbsq0.jpg

dsc_8006_1024x678m3sz3.jpg

+ photo etched parts by Eduard (railings)

The biggest battleship of the Japanese Navy. The IJN YAMATO in scale 1/350 as "new tooled" version by Tamiya.

It is built mostly oob, plus photo etched parts by Eduard (railins), replacement parts for some guns, a wooden deck and other small stuff. 
The painting is done with Lifecolor colours, the weathering made with oil colors. The rigging is made with EZ-Line.

And here we go ...

Amazing work - I'd really love to see you work on a 1/200 Nichimo Yamato - the model would be astounding I reckon!

Dave

edit: yes, I have One of those Nichimo's in my stash...

Edited by dpastern

Yes I know :) Trumpeter has planned the 1/200 Yamato, the Tirpitz, Wave Models will bring the 1/200 Mikasa .... :)

And they have an Essex planned. That one will be nice. I'd like to see some cruisers also. I have the Missouri built to the main deck in 1/200 scale.

Yes I know :) Trumpeter has planned the 1/200 Yamato, the Tirpitz, Wave Models will bring the 1/200 Mikasa .... :)

Nice work. Did you know Trumpeter has this ship planned in their 1/200 scale series?

What!?!?!?!?!?!?  You guys aren't pulling my legs are you?  Seriously?  The Nichimo 1/200 is reasonably inaccurate in many ways, so a new tooling 1/200 Yamato would be very much welcome.  The sad thing is, I paid a fortune for the Nichimo and if Trumpy does release a 1/200 kit of this beautiful warship, then the Nichimo values will nose dive  :(  

I'd love to get more of the trumpy 1/200 kits, but the cost of shipping to Australia for such big kits kills me...

Dave