(Re)building a Mk1 Spitfire

Sparzanza

I've seen a bit of his stuff.  Guy is so ridiculously hard to understand at first.  I swear I thought who is this when I watched some TT interviews.  The Speed series he did was more illuminating and I guess my ear has caught up with his lingo.  He's a pretty funny bloke and real salt of the earth...and I think...a fairly decent mechanic.

It's like TV being made by one of your mates.

Loves a cuppa though...LOL

Matty

I really enjoyed watching this although Guy Martin babbles like a spring brook, very hard to understand ....I want to say sounds like a..... but he's not a..... But he does babble like a spring brook.

I really enjoyed watching this although Guy Martin babbles like a spring brook, very hard to understand ....I want to say sounds like a..... but he's not a..... But he does babble like a spring brook.

I saw him listed as a new Top Gear host. Huh?

He's set a few records.  I think the longest distance cycled using a tandem over a given time period.

Interesting fella.

I saw him listed as a new Top Gear host. Huh?

That's a bad idea in my opinion,  he's not a great host. Way to hard to understand and repeats everything three times. Does seem like a nice guy though.

didn't   James May build a spitfire in the past on a tv program.

Yes - out of plastic though. He basically just enlarged the sprues of a 1/72 Airfix Spitfire. The stability and structural integrity was a bit so-so, but they pulled it off.

"This content is blocked in your country".

How very ironic that the one country in the world that can understand Guy Martins accent can't actually watch it.

I thought that too Dean, I have no problems understanding him either! :)

Max

"This content is blocked in your country".

How very ironic that the one country in the world that can understand Guy Martins accent can't actually watch it.

Yeah it is odd but it only takes a bit of exposure to his accent to get used to it.

Despite his mechanical knowledge and expertise and charismatic personality I'm not sure he's a good choice for a Top Gear host.  Maybe he might do OK...dunno.

Matty

You guys were not wrong about Guy Martin - I've never heard of him, but he's an odd one, and very hard for a yank to follow! 

Great video though, really enjoyed seeing the project come together!!