Trumpeter

Shoggz

The WNW series is a close to perfect as one can get.

As for Trump bashing, some of the kits (OK many) have such niggling quirks, that many modelers are left shaking their heads and asking why? Here's one: 1/32 Dauntless; a beauty- well engineered, great fit, accurate shapes, nice detail. Decals: crap. Why the lack of attention on the decals?  After some years of reading similar threads, my biggest question is why the falling-down on seemingly simple things?

Trump has opened up the 1/32 market though, and that is a good thing. Ultimately, I choose from their line-up carefully though, when I open my wallet.

Hard hat on.

The WNW series is a close to perfect as one can get.

As for Trump bashing, some of the kits (OK many) have such niggling quirks, that many modelers are left shaking their heads and asking why? Here's one: 1/32 Dauntless; a beauty- well engineered, great fit, accurate shapes, nice detail. Decals: crap. Why the lack of attention on the decals?  After some years of reading similar threads, my biggest question is why the falling-down on seemingly simple things?

Trump has opened up the 1/32 market though, and that is a good thing. Ultimately, I choose from their line-up carefully though, when I open my wallet. 

WNW ... *sigh!* ... The way some people rattle on about these kits has put me off ever getting one ... no kit is perfect - WNW included.

It's annoying.

Oh, don't get me wrong ... I've no doubt they're GOOD ... but they're not perfect, I've seen lists of errors on various threads.

The main reason I won't be getting one though, is because they don't make WWII ETO subjects.

Given that every kit, ever made has the potential for errors it's all a matter of what you can live with ... and what you can't. Which is why I wait for reviews by people who at least halfway know what their talking about - AND the corresponding comments.

Using your example of the Dauntless: You think the decals are crap (and you're definitely not alone!) ... enter AM! ... For me, though ... the decals might be perfectly fine ...

Obviously I don't know for sure ... because I don't own one ... and unless my subject preferences change I'm not likely to - as far as I'm aware, it wasn't used in the ETO during WWII.

Revells new tool Spitfire Mk.II - I can live with most of the overall package ... Just as I can live with Hobby Bosses Spitfire Mk.Vb ... They quite obviously need some AM to improve them (to which some aficionados will reply vehemently that it is not enough!!)

but I can live with the overall package ... the kit, plus AM, is still cheaper than a Tamiya kit ... by a long shot! Having said that, I have the Tamiya later model Spitfire kits as well.

Careful choice is good :D ... but I'll add: in every case, with every manufacturer ... and according to your own personal preferences.

Rog :)

If so, what kits would be applicable and what changes might need to be made to represent one properly?

IIRC, the A-24B was an SBD-5, with the arrestor hook removed, and the small solid tailwheel replaced by a larger pneumatic tire..... others might know more.

Well.. They have some stuff that seems to be good to me. Working on the P-47D-20 right now and I like what I see..Gonna hold a grudge for them totally screwing up another favs of mine though - the P-51B.. I would love to have a decent 1/32 of that one but I can´t stand that smoking pile of shite theirs is.. ;)

Well.. They have some stuff that seems to be good to me. Working on the P-47D-20 right now and I like what I see..Gonna hold a grudge for them totally screwing up another favs of mine though - the P-51B.. I would love to have a decent 1/32 of that one but I can´t stand that smoking pile of shite theirs is.. ;)

The Razorback is supposed to be better than the bubbletops - which I can totally believe. The big nasty with the D-25 and later is the dorsal spine - which isn't an issue on the razor. 

You still have to deal with the gun access panels on the wings - very overdone rivets and a poor fit if you want to build the wings all closed up - but next to the spine that's small potatoes.

I think its all down to the individual modeler. In my case, there are a LOT of models that Trumpy offers that I find really nice. I personally had issues with the odd "hoarse collar" shape of the Trumpy razor back cowl, but others seem to think its spot on.

If it IS, then the Hasegawa P-47 is severely off. Ill not stir up that can of worms again but ONE of em is wrong, and to my eye the Trumpeter razor nose/forward upper fuselage area just simply did NOT look right to me.

Im no aircraft designer but I know what looks right to me, and what doesn't.............again a matter of opinion, but I bought it off E-Bay, had it ONE day, and sold it the very next day after looking it over and comparing it to the Hasegawa kit that to my eye at least looked right..............even if it isnt.

Again, all down to ones particular taste, and what they deem as "acceptable" for any model that they are intending on building.

Edited by Out2gtcha