Trumpeter 1/32 Lightning F3

Phartycr0c

Waaaayyy too late for the end of the EE Lightning group build on Britmodeller.  

I'm not quite finished with the build yet but i'm calling the aircraft done as the rest are surrounding details. The Lightning will eventually be joined by another 70s icon. More later.

The kit body was extended by the requisite 5mm and the main undercarriage shortened to give the plane a better stance . I know the area around the exhausts are wrong and the canopy is way off but I just couldn't bring myself to cut it about in the time i had. 

The kit itself was joined by the sets from Eduard and Flightpath for the cockpit, exterior, fod covers and ladder and Quickboost for the seat I had a play with Humbrol enamels for the paint scheme.

anyhow on with the photos. 

DSC_1477.jpg

DSC_1478.jpg

DSC_1474.jpg

DSC_1463.jpg

DSC_1464.jpg

DSC_1470.jpg

DSC_1471.jpg

Build thread here http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234968955-trumpeter-132-f3/

Photography not great.  banghead.gif

Loving this !

Inspirational stuff, and I quite like the Flightpath accessories too. Always wondered what the parts for the ground run-ups FOD guard assembled into. Will check out the BM thread for build tips.

Tony