HpH Supermarine Walrus - Operation Torch - 1942

Out2gtcha

Thanks K1.....................Im sure in your case its even more work than Im facing.   I normally dont feel like modeling is drudgery, but in this case it was heading in that direction, and didnt feel anything I would do on it would be justice.

• 7 months later...

Thanks Maru!  I have her in my glass display case at home awaiting continued restoration. I will definitely get back to the big girl at some point, buy have several commission commitments and some NATs 2017 models to eventually start as well!

• 7 months later...

I have a similar problem right now, Brian, I'm literally having to force myself to do a little work on my Tony here and there. Getting it ready for clear right now in fact. But the MiG and Fw 190 are calling to me, so it's become a matter of continuing to plug away on the Tony, no matter what. If I were to put it up for just a few weeks, that would be the end of it, I fear.

Thanks guys. YES, this one will DEFINITELY continue...........shes currently setting in my display case, in all white primer, on "stands" if you will (two medicine cups that just happen to fit in the wheel wells) with protective tape over all the open orifices to keep out the mounds of dust. 

She currently reminds me of pics of the boneyard planes in AZ and what not. Shes looking a bit sad and lonely ATM, but I WILL be back to her. Im actually quite far along in the build and the hardest parts are complete, (wing and engine pod attachment, and fuselage assembly) so Im hoping the rest is downhill.............thats not to say it will be a STEEP grade at all...........AAMOF, Im sure finishing the rest of the kit will be no small feat, but it all just got too much to do from start to finish.

My main issue right now isn't specifically the Wally, its more overall bench time, and subject matter. Ive got specific  2017 US NATs categories and entrants into those categories Im planning, and I already have a couple 1/32nd props Im bringing so the Walrus will likely have to wait until I get my 1/32nd diorama, civilian and rotor wing entries completed.

Edited by Out2gtcha

Ive got specific  2017 US NATs categories and entrants into those categories Im planning, and I already have a couple 1/32nd props Im bringing so the Walrus will likely have to wait until I get my 1/32nd diorama, civilian and rotor wing entries completed.

Me too. I have three definitely planned, with more to be added, if I can pull it off.

Guest Peterpools

I have the Trumpy Razorback 'bolt, and with a bit of Rutman resin, it's completely acceptable...

Brian & Kev

Completely understand as builds seems to be dictated by contest categories. My Mossie is headed for the MosquitoCon in 2017; my first contest in 30 plus years and I already have a second build ready to go: the HPH Helldiver. Sure is going to be tight to finish.

Brian

Sure hope after the Nat builds, you have the bench time and mojo to pick up the Walrus again.

Peter

Edited by Peterpools