Trumpeter Ju-87A out now

Kagemusha

I'm taking the plunge on this one. I've been getting "signs from above" to just do it, the last couple days. ^_^  I've also been doing as much research as I could on the Anton and already know which one I want to do.

What's with the late war style upper wing crosses though? Is that correct?

From what I'm seeing in a few photos, this looks possible. I've come across two photos of "Yellow 6" and one of them, while the lighting is poor, shows what could be just the white outline style crosses on the wings. Hard to say from the picture, though, as it's a winter pic and the glare is pretty bad. I also came across another picture of one that had what appeared to be the same style cross that had been mostly painted over and the smaller crosses with black centers added, closer to the wingtip. Only a small portion of one of the original crosses still remained and I don't see any black in that portion.

I really debated about this one, since I already have a full plate and just reorganized my shelves. My "kit stash" shelf is now full. So, I guess I'll have to build this one right away! I may put this in front of the IL-2M3 for a quick OOB build for the Double Trouble GB.

John

So I just got the package from Hannants with the 87A. The first thing I see is that the rudder is rounded on top like the A2 version, as seen in Japanese markings. The Spanish Legion Condor versions could even be prototypes V4 and V5, depending upon photo dates. These had a squared up rear fin top. The motor was also different from the A2 version. I'll need to look up more plans and compare later.

Anyone else have any observations?

Most of the Spanish and definitely the Japanese markings could be masked, but let's keep an eye out for decals.

Tnarg

Grant,

I don't have the kit in hand yet, but the rudder is something that had slipped by me, so thanks for pointing that out. My goal was to do the 10th production machine, "D-IEAD" and that would have the more squared corner on the rudder. :hmmm:  Still looking into the difference in engines, as well. If you can post pics of anything in the meantime, that would be great. I'm also concerned about the shape of the spinner. I have not seen a good shot of the kit part yet. The drawings they used for the color profiles seem to have a longer and more rounded (at the tip) spinner. But, of course that tells me nothing about the actual shape of the kit part.

John

After looking at both sprue photos, I cannot see the square rudder which is supposed to be on the G sprue. This sprue also should have the exhaust stacks on it. I hope this will be in the kit as I want one of these.

Hi 

Is there a review somewhere  ?????? as I don't trust entirely  in Trumpy , their B version seems to have "weakness" , specially about the nose radiator shape  

Alain

Alain ... lol :D ... patience grasshopper!! ... The kit has only JUST hit the market - I'm sure someone will review the kit in due course!

Rog :)

Hi 

Is there a review somewhere  ?????? as I don't trust entirely  in Trumpy , their B version seems to have "weakness" , specially about the nose radiator shape  

Alain

The whole nose of the Bertha is noticeably under scaled... If you compare the resin nose made by Brian Fawcett with the kit one, the difference is huge. Hopefully, as the Anton had a completely different nose, this problem won't be repeated.

The whole nose of the Bertha is noticeably under scaled... If you compare the resin nose made by Brian Fawcett with the kit one, the difference is huge. Hopefully, as the Anton had a completely different nose, this problem won't be repeated.

It's quite odd Thierry ... I don't think I would have noticed it, until it was pointed out to me, of course ... I aim to score that Fawcett resin kit for mine at some point ... but it does make you wonder how they could get the measurements and the look so far off in the first place?? - It kind of looks like a hybrid B/D to me ...

Alain ... lol :D ... patience grasshopper!! ... The kit has only JUST hit the market - I'm sure someone will review the kit in due course!

Hi 

Yes of course ........ :doh: .I just would like to got some general feedback ..... if some of you have already got in hands , what do you think about this kit ... we can expect the worst as the better with Trumpy's kit 

Alain

Edited by alain11