GT Resin F-4E/F/G Slat wing set for the Tamiya first look

ghatherly

Here it every one!  This is what will come with the set when purchased separately, and what will be included in the F-4E ARN-101 Late Conversion Set and F-4G Conversion Set.

DSCN3392_zps0fdab77f.jpg

A couple of Notes:

First, the leading edge pour strip takes just minute to remove with a favor saw, as you lay it flat against the strip and it removes material under the slat arms and slides.  The back side can either be freed up using a razor saw of a sharp #11 blade.  A little careful finishing and you are in business.   This strip makes production easier, heaps the slat arms inlace, and keeps them safe from damage due to handling in the shop or by the modeler.

Second, is the attachment and hinge detail.  When you build the Tamiya wing, you leave out the end hinge parts B 21 & 22.   The wings have the mounting tab cast in place, along with the overlapping down locking detail;  so you get strength, correct dihedral, and  all of the down lock detail without any of the messy surgery,  no shrinkage fit problems,....... a perfect fit.   With minor fitting this attachment system can be made to work on the Revell F-4E/F kit, adding the wing down lock detail Revell never provided.

DSCN3382_zpsa6d3541e.jpg

DSCN3379_zpscd5d2aac.jpg

DSCN3380_zps3d3bccb8.jpg

These are just fitted together, and are not glued in these pictures.

These are the first set of wings from the Production molds, and I am very excited to offer these to everyone.

Edited by ghatherly

Those really look the part Gary. Much better designed than anything else out there.

Are you still intending to do optional PE antennae arrays for the a Weasel nose? I think those would be uber cool.

A must for me. I'm in for two slatted wing sets, one with the F-4G works.

Tony

Edited by Tony T

I can set you up with the IFR probe also.  I just have not had time to get everything ready for NATS.    I have over 100 kits to make between now and then, it has been crazy.  Thanks for the nice comments and the support.   I really an doing this for you guys.

Have a great day everyone,

Gary 

GT Resin Products