Trumpeter Mig 21 MF Finished 7/28/14

Happy to hear that Jeff.Need updates Teresa :popcorn: ...Harv

Thanks Guys! Harvey sorry for delay in responding I have been really busy with other stuff but hope to get MIG primed/painted and a new update tonight or tomorrow. :-) Teresa

Hello All,

I finally got some time to get more work done on my MIG!  :)

Attached more parts and got her primed.

I thought about using metal rod to use for the Air data sensor to make it more durable, but since I am trying to build straight out of the box, I elected to use what the kit gave me. Hopefully I won't break it off or bend it before I am done  :rolleyes:

Getting excited to get this painted and on to the finish line, but for now here is my update.

Thanks for looking in Guys  :D

Teresa

DSC00513_zps69363792.jpg

DSC00511_zps05c30615.jpg

DSC00501_zps9d0916b8.jpg

DSC00508_zps2f05af20.jpg

0b6216ed-8a23-4195-ab04-d8c8678b9427_zps

LOOKIN' GOOD !  Teresa

I put a coupe of pins in mine so I could remove it to transport as I know my clumsy self would have knocked it off.

Looking  forward to seeing it in color, are you going to put the green on it of leave it aluminum color?

Happy you have had minor issues with your kit, mine must have been an early production kit.

watch'in you :wicked:

jack

LOOKIN' GOOD !  Teresa

I put a coupe of pins in mine so I could remove it to transport as I know my clumsy self would have knocked it off.

Looking  forward to seeing it in color, are you going to put the green on it of leave it aluminum color?

Happy you have had minor issues with your kit, mine must have been an early production kit.

jack

Thanks Jack!

Good Idea wish I would have thought of that  :doh:

The kit is good for the most part, but I did have to do allot of faring in, and filling in gaps here and there. In the one picture I posted of the back exhaust area I was looking at pictures of the real MIG and it did not have  gaps here and there so I had to fill and fare it in. Especially around the wings, nose, and around the cockpit areas.

I am learning as I go what is best to do first and what is the best order to build it in.  :rolleyes:  but that's the point is to learn as you go I guess, when I haven't built one before.

I will be painting it Silver with dark green blotches, at least that is the plan so far.

Teresa 

Nice ! She's coming along great. Nice and smooth......Harv :popcorn:

Thanks Harv!

I had to do allot of prep work to get her smooth especially since I had to use a fair amount of Milliput, and Mr. Surfacer in various areas (they are my friends! :) ).

Allot of sanding with multiple grades of sand paper, and  lots of cleaning seams out of parts...sheww  :blink:  You all know how that goes I am sure!

I most likely drive Paul crazy with using him as a second set of eyes. Quote: Hun do you see anything I might have missed here.. :rofl: Maybe I should invest in a very LARGE magnifier.  :rofl:

I am a little nervous about the next painting step, but I will do my best  :)

Teresa  :D

keep plugging away! it looks good, everytime I I think I have botched up a paint job, it usually ends up turning out how I had envisioned, I just took a different road to get there! 

I'm looking forward to seeing more progress! 

Hi Teresa,

Just remember while you are painting the green blotches..Resist the urge to FIX IT. That is the point when you think it "Doesn't Look Right ....Let Me Fix IT"  STOP

You will just screw it up and then ask 'Why did I Try to FIX-IT"?  Paul knows what I mean.  And Pauls right I'm more of a "JACKass" than a mule :rofl:  :rofl:

jack