Good Morning Da Nang!

Guest Martinnfb

LOL, reminds me back of that old days I used to waste my days chatting. We had a Czech guy in my favourite automotive & sim racing forum who had quite a reputation of being quite fond of tippling. He once wrote up a quite detailed guide of how to get really wasted. One sunny sunday he appeared in the chat room in the afternoon with the announcement he just woke up and is going to have breakfast now and will be AFK for a while. About 20 minutes later, he came back with the news that muesli does not work well with beer.

'Why is that?' - 'Well, I realised I ran out of milk, but as this is a proper Czech household, I always have a crate of beer at hand, so I thought, why not have my muesli with beer? Tasted okay, but after a few spoons, my stomach went into reverse. Now you know from the master. No need to try that yourself...' :blink:

They sure have a strange sense of humour in the Czech Republik. Must be the beer or sumthin' like that...

Glad you said that - was thinking it might just be me that was missing the 'humour' part!  ;)

:shrug:

Iain

Glad you both said that, I thought it was just as weird as their other adds. Must be something in the water?

Do not be surprised if you do not recognize the city! This is NOT Da Nang. I was there more than twenty years ago but this is a coastal city. It does not have a large river going through it!

Nonetheless, as in coastal China, the Vietnam cities and more particularly the southern ones have changed a lot since the seventies!

I think it must be what us Brits would call a Marmite* ad!  :)

*You either love it, or hate it (or get it, don't get it)...

Iain

When I was a kid in Alsace, my neighbour friends had an English mother ...

I reckon I struggled to like Marmite, but in the end it was OK with peanut butter ...

Hubert

Hey Bill.....Ho Chi Minh City is the former Saigon, capital of what was once South Vietnam.....DaNang is located in what was once referred to as "I Corp". adjacent to the DMZ/17th Paralell...on the coast of the South China Sea....

HTH,

Jim

Hey Bill.....Ho Chi Minh City is the former Saigon, capital of what was once South Vietnam.....DaNang is located in what was once referred to as "I Corp". adjacent to the DMZ/17th Paralell...on the coast of the South China Sea....

HTH,

Jim

I just figured they wanted to call it "Good Morning, Vietnam," but would've run into trouble with the studios.

In any case, it shows that plastic models aren't lame like my daughters think.