Hasegawa 1/48 A-4M Skyhawk

Daywalker

Round three of my Shelf Of Doom cleanup sees this Hasegawa 1/48 A-4M Skyhawk completed!  Started back in 2008, got caught up in the "must build it perfectly for contests" phase and shelved it when the intakes didn't turn out perfectly smooth.  Well, a few years later and I have finished her up, and in the end she turned out even better than I COULD have built it back in 2008.  Home made FOD covers from plastic scraps, sewing pins, and brass tubing.  Painted with custom mixed Tamiya acrylics, and decals from Furball Decals "Lo Vis Devil Dog Scooters" sheet.  Best decals I have ever used, here's hoping for more 1/32 subjects from them in the future!

This is the third SOD project this year now, and combined with two which I sold makes for five kits rescued from the SOD.  I would call that a very good start considering it is only February.  Finishing these projects has been the most refreshing modeling I have done in years, here's to many more like it.

Thanks for looking!

Skyhawk001.jpg

Skyhawk002.jpg

Skyhawk003.jpg

Skyhawk004.jpg

Skyhawk005.jpg

Skyhawk006.jpg

Skyhawk008.jpg

Edited by Daywalker

Well Frank,she turned out great !Glad you decided to finish it.I have the Trump 1/32 one, and hope it comes out half as good....Harv

Edited by Guest

VERY nice Frank!  That's to cool in so many ways, rescuing it, the fit the finish the scratch built parts! If definitely looks like a Marine Late Model Scooter too!  Great job!

Paul 

Thank you Paul, much appreciated!

one hell of a build..., this is really looking awsome..., cool

Thank you for that, glad you liked how it turned out!

Well Frank,she turned out great !Glad you decided to finish it.I have the Trump 1/32 one, and hope it comes out half as good....Harv

Thanks Harv, don't know much about those Trumpy Scooters, but I have a Hasegawa A-4E with an AMS Charlie conversion I hope to get to sooner than later.

Crikey, that's awesome! I wish I could publish it on the website!

Kev

Haha... thanks Kev!  I'll get that 1/32 Scooter done someday, and hope I can get that one on the main page!

Absolutely gorgeous work there Frank!

They don't come much sweeter than that.

Cheer's,

Jeff

Cheers Jeff, and thank you so much!

Guest Peterpools

Frank

Awesome save and one of the best Scooters I've ever seen. Fit and finish is absolutely perfect. Glad you feel a new sense of accomplishment and are enjoying the hobby more then ever.

Keep 'em coming

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Peter

I was hoping for Adversary scheme but this one is gorgeous too...You nailed it as usual..way too cool

Thanks mate, I appreciate that!  Almost went with an Aggressor scheme, until I saw that Furball decal sheet with all of those awesome lo-vis schemes.  As soon as I had that decal sheet in my hands, I knew which one I would build.  Thank you for the feedback.

Frank

Awesome save and one of the best Scooters I've ever seen. Fit and finish is absolutely perfect. Glad you feel a new sense of accomplishment and are enjoying the hobby more then ever.

Keep 'em coming

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Peter

Thank you so much Peter, that means a lot to me!  I absolutely LOVE the Skyhawk, but it has been one of those planes where I have not had much luck (until now) replicating.  I can see MANY more Scooters in my future!

• 2 weeks later...

Woooaaaa Frank...

Geez its nice, but hey what to ecxept... its from you...

Build is perfect, painting also, and the very well ballanced superb weathering, i do like this one alot Frank.

Im shure this one is struggeling to get the grand place in your glass cabinett for shure.

High numbers from me Frank when i eyball the whole...

/Mal

Woooaaaa Frank...

Geez its nice, but hey what to ecxept... its from you...

Build is perfect, painting also, and the very well ballanced superb weathering, i do like this one alot Frank.

Im shure this one is struggeling to get the grand place in your glass cabinett for shure.

High numbers from me Frank when i eyball the whole...

/Mal

Thank you so much Mal, you made my day with this post!  Much appreciated my friend, cheers!