AMS Resin A-10C?

Harold

Hey Harold, any updates on this set?

Chuck

Not a lot, I still have to do some work on the IP. I had some photos of the IP shroud sent to me by Jim Rotramel. I would have to do that as well.

All of it is a major undertaking.

I am about done with the masters for the A-6 wheels, so I will go back to the A-10 for a while.

It will be a long time before this one shows up, I'm afraid.

Harold- You mention it being a major undertaking, could that imply that a full on A-10C conversion might happen?  I would buy two of those if that is the case.

When the man Caracal Decals released his first set of 1/32 A-10C decals, he mentioned that no decal maker would make decals for an aircraft variant not yet available, and no aftermarket company would make an update set for an aircraft variant without any decals available.  He stepped up and did the decals, hoping a conversion set would follow.  I pray an A-10C will be a reality, as I have wanted to model a Blacksnake A-10 for as long as I can remember.

Harold- You mention it being a major undertaking, could that imply that a full on A-10C conversion might happen?  I would buy two of those if that is the case.

When the man Caracal Decals released his first set of 1/32 A-10C decals, he mentioned that no decal maker would make decals for an aircraft variant not yet available, and no aftermarket company would make an update set for an aircraft variant without any decals available.  He stepped up and did the decals, hoping a conversion set would follow.  I pray an A-10C will be a reality, as I have wanted to model a Blacksnake A-10 for as long as I can remember.

I am still collecting references....I like to get as much as I can before I get too far into anything.

I hope to at have enough soon.

Edited by Harold

I am still collecting references....I like to get as much as I can before I get too far into anything.

I hope to at have enough soon.

Jake Melampy's second edition of the Modern Hog Guide is due to be published in 2014, might be worth waiting for....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Harold, any news on the A-10C IP and other things for the Trumpeter kit? Saw on Chuck's build on ARC he was using your IP, could it be available soon? I know, we're bugging you to death, sorry. LOL

Chuck

Nothing much lately. things are piling up on me right now.

If I can get the IP and glare shield and I think the control stick is different. I will at least to do those.

• 1 year later...

any updates on this set?

It is finished, I call it a mini set. It includes "arrow" antenna on the spine. 

It has the IP, glare shield, joystick grip and antenna. 

The 'pit set I used for the mock-up is the True Details set. However, with minor mods, it will work in all resin sets. But will NOT fit the kit plastic.

A10pitconversion_zpsdab688a8.jpg

A-10glaresheild_zpsb9e9e56f.jpg

IMG_0587_zps8097a256.jpg

The glare shield in the above photo wasn't completed yet.

Edited by Harold