Trumpeter F-8J Crusader

ax365

I received this kit as a gift from one of the members in this forum quite some time ago.  Thanks, M!  There was a fair amount of resin aftermarket along with  G-Factor landing gear and Zotz decals included.  I finished this build a while ago but have negelcted to post photos until now.  Construction was fairly straightforward.  There were a couple of minor fit issues but nothing a bit of filler and elbow grease couldn't fix.  The original owner of the kit (not M) had done a bit of work on the kit's engine and buggered it up.  Unfortunately, what he did precluded me from using the kit's plastic parts for the engine and exhaust.  The resin exhaust that was part of the package has to be glued to the engine to be installed properly.  I managed to jury rig things together to get the exhaust installed at the proper length and angle.  The remainder of this build, except the decals, is OOB.  I built it without any weathering (as I do all my models), no ordnance attached and all inspection panels, except one, closed.  While nowhere near perfect, I like the way it turned out, despite the seam along the bottom rear.  Nobody sees that anyway.

Done-RightSide3_zps6465cf82.jpg

Done-LeftSide1_zps87415a98.jpg

Done-Front2_zpsdd1c1760.jpg

Done-Rear_zps20ddcb72.jpg

Done-Top1_zpse3cd94b2.jpg

Done-Bottom_zps67257e86.jpg

Constructive criticism and comments are always welcome.  Thanks for taking the time to stop by and have a look.

Mike