Rumpler C.IV

Hagar

Again thanks everyone. Well all the cam is on. Tomorrow I will have to spray some mauve on the tail where I missed it and check for any problems. Then I can glosscoat and start decalling before adding the upper wing.

DSC03960.JPG

DSC03961.JPG

DSC03963.JPG

DSC03962.JPG

James

Well up at 0300 and couldnt think of anything better to do (except sleep which wasnt happening), so I assembled the center strut, engine panels, painted the pilots combing, and decaled one side.

DSC03964.JPG

James

Thanks guys. Well I made 2 mistakes, one of which is problematic. First mistake is I put a decal on in the wrong place. The data plaque on the nose should be on the right side not the left. The decal for the left is now on the right. That irks me, but oh well, I did do it at around 0330 in the morning. The big problem is the center strut. The 2 pieces are a butt fit and I should have pinned them. When I put the top wing on and glued they sprung apart. I finally managed to get them kind of lined up right. So anyone looking at building this save yourself some heart ache and pin them together. So hopefully this looks okay to you all. Hope to get more done tomorrow. Rigging is going to be a pain.

DSC03974.JPG

DSC03973.JPG

DSC03972.JPG

DSC03971.JPG

DSC03970.JPG

James

Thanks guys. Well just a small update today. Got the landing gear together and already have to make a repair. Wife pointed out one turnbuckle was a bit crooked. Well now its detached, but simple fix, just glue back on. Also worked on the radio operator/observer/gunners pulpit. Coming together :bgrin

DSC03975.JPG

DSC03976.JPG

DSC03977.JPG

DSC03978.JPG

DSC03979.JPG

Hmm a bit of extra line that needs to be snipped also.

James

Well almost destroyed it today. Going to step back for a little and let it sit. I need to order some decals as I stupidly managed to pull a couple off this morning. Got the rudder tacked on to see it overall. Gun is being worked on. Rigging is still scaring me. So some pics to tide me over until I am ready to finish this bird.

DSC03983.JPG

DSC03982.JPG

DSC03981.JPG

DSC03980.JPG

James