Super Detailing Simulating Wiring Using Milliput

Just as the topic suggests..............a very cool technique for simulating wiring bundles I had not thought of and might have to try. I would think it might be tough at first to get the thickness even, but the vid demo guy seemed to make it look easy, and I would think it would also have the advantage of not having to wrestle with stiff wire or super soft lead that still has to be bent.............and no glue needed as the wet Milliput acts as its own adhesive:

Picture%2016.jpg

Picture%2017.jpg

Its a Squadron Tactics and Techniques vid:

Guest Peterpools

Brian

Thanks for the tip. I've seen the video a while back and always wanted to try it but never did. Going to give it a try

Peter

Brian

Thanks for the tip. I've seen the video a while back and always wanted to try it but never did. Going to give it a try

Peter

Yeah me too Peter, but I totally forgot about it as Milliput doesn't usually click for me in this type of capacity, but I too am sure going to give it a try. Not fully sure how he made the wire bundle retainers, but I have to assume he made them the same way, just wrapping from the top as needed I would think

AW SNAP    what an idea 

we have Milliput at the Hobby Lobby

Thanks for the post

Jack

Really interesting technique.

What material would we in the USA use instead of Milliput?

Stephen

Stephen,

I have seen Milliput in many of my LHS. To include HobbyTown, so my guess is, (not knowing your geographical surroundings), that one or more o0f your LHS' would have it as well. If not, I just looked and both Sprue Brothers and Roll Models carry it.

Hope that helps.

• 1 month later...