tamiya f4u-1 whistling death corsair

Stinger16

Thank you Kevin, I really appreciate that. Thank you guys for the comments. Unfortunately, living in northern Ohio is it really starting to get cold and that forces me to put all my paints, glues etc away for the year. I do all my builds in either the patio or In the garage and it just sux because I am starting to get decent at building, and now I have to wait six months again to build. Frustrating...

Jeff

Jeff,

Nice early Corsair. Almost too clean. He he

I like the fact you left full cowl open all around the wings down and flaps up with canopy open to show the contrasting detail and colors in there.

I love this kit wish I could save up for one. I really dont think I have seen this kit screwed up yet a testsment to fit and finish of Tamiya.

Anyway from one who still tries to make Corsairs from sows ears (Revell) I have to say great job. Welcome!

Jon

Edited by fastzx

Thank you tango, this was a fun kit to build etc. I really hope tamiya comes out with a -1a or a 1d soon. I am thinking about buying this kit again and giving it a go for a second time, it just builds up so nice, and now that there is a lot of aftermarket out for it, the sky is the limit of what you can do.

• 7 months later...