Revell Me 109G-6 tweak list

thierry laurent

Brilliant exposition Thierry.!

I shall certainly add a copy to your previous lists...

I managed to get an Eagle Parts oil cooler fitted to mine and it makes a great difference, heightens the aggressive look of the 109G.

Is it worth mentioning that rather than just over engineered for strength, the canopy hinge is not prototypical? The real one pivoted on pins projecting from the lower part of the frame. I always have trouble describing the set up, but I'm sure you are more eloquent than I and could explain it clearly.

Anyway, congratulations on putting a concise guide together...

Matt

Thierry , thank you for the elaborate tweak list. One more thing. is it only my impression and error in the Kagero drawings,or is the distance/gap between the guns too small/narrow ? I replaced the upper cowling with the Hasegawa piece and it seems to look more 109ish to me :)

Cheers

Martin21612d1299763647t-bf-109-thread-bf_109fr

Edited by Martinnfb

The MG 131 were placed further apart from each other than the MG 17. Hasegawa got the spacing right: closer on on their F, G-2/G-4 and wider on their G-6/G-10/G-14/K-4.

May I suggest the drawings published in Brett Green's book on the Revell Bf109? They are an evolution of the drawings used by Revell, based on CAD drawings created by Arthur Bentley and data/figures from original factory blueprints.

Radu

Edited by Radub

" Note that on the ground actual wing flaps were generally retracted."

Not really important, but I would'nt include this statement.

It could be an arguable point as numerous photos would

indicate otherwise. Very nice work Thierry :) .

I know, This is a story without end and not particularly for the 109...!

Seems like AlleyCat has just released a correction set for this kit

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=46645

It seems I was not the only one to have this idea. Saying I'm surprised would be a true lie!

Well, I'll use my parts on my first kit! I don't see the need to have too many duplicates on this market! I simply hope the price will make sense...

I'll purchase one of their sets in Telford!

Thierry , thank you for the elaborate tweak list. One more thing. is it only my impression and error in the Kagero drawings,or is the distance/gap between the guns too small/narrow ? I replaced the upper cowling with the Hasegawa piece and it seems to look more 109ish to me :)

Cheers

Martin21612d1299763647t-bf-109-thread-bf_109fr

As Radu implicitly wrote it: look at most 109 drawings with cautiousness... Personally, I used to rely on Seay and Beaman drawings for years. They are not always 100% perfect but surely better than the other ones. To my eyes, Radu ones are probably the best ones currently available. If you need one reason to buy the Bret Green's book, take this one!

Hmmm... the Trumpeterr gun throughs are not entirely accurate for any version.

Radu

Indeed, I discovered this yesterday as I ended the tweak list for the Trumpy G6 kit. I did not see it before in spite of the fact the discrepancy is rather noticeable: they are more or less 7mm too short!!! However, this may be corrected with a little bit of time. Too bad.

To my eyes, the most annoying problem on the Trumpeter kit is the missing raised bulge in the middle of the wing root fairing. This is a small detail but probably the only problem that cannot be corrected without a terrible work...