Revell Me 109G-6 tweak list

thierry laurent

Personally, I'd not lean the weigth on the file towards the external side as the risk is high to get a too large width or a distorted result. As the width discrepancy between the troughs is not terrible, I'd only correct the length (far risky business!)

Thierry

mmmm ok ... I'll think it through a bit further when I start my build ... but thanks for the heads up! :)

Rog :)

• 5 weeks later...

An updated info about the cowling problem:

In spite of the fact the Hasegawa and Revell kit cross-sections are different, it seems it is possible using a Hasegawa spare cowling part on the Revell kit. Indeed, the cowling of the Japanese kit is thick enough to be sanded because nearly half-a-millimiter shall be removed from the edge of each side. The main problem will be the fit with the panel located in front of the windshield as it is necessary to use the rear part of the Revell cowling. Not impossible but time-consuming. However, for those owning japanese G6/G14, this option is possibly easier than correcting the Revell part.

Thierry

An updated info about the cowling problem:

In spite of the fact the Hasegawa and Revell kit cross-sections are different, it seems it is possible using a Hasegawa spare cowling part on the Revell kit. Indeed, the cowling of the Japanese kit is thick enough to be sanded because nearly half-a-millimiter shall be removed from the edge of each side. The main problem will be the fit with the panel located in front of the windshield as it is necessary to use the rear part of the Revell cowling. Not impossible but time-consuming. However, for those owning japanese G6/G14, this option is possibly easier than correcting the Revell part.

Thierry

It is actually easier than it looks. Here is a link with few pictures. Please accept my apologies for the low quality of  my photographs. I 'am having a rough patch :)

http://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=77680&p=1522785#p1522785

It is actually easier than it looks. Here is a link with few pictures. Please accept my apologies for the low quality of  my photographs. I 'am having a rough patch :)

http://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=77680&p=1522785#p1522785

lol Martin! :D ... it would be easier to understand what is going on if it was in English ;)

Rog :)

Hey Guys, there is not really a need to translate. I was just wandering whether anybody at the Modelforum already started the build and what are the issues involved. Somehow the 32nd scale is not the European mainstream scale so the response is limited. Also I  can not stand the photo-bucket abuse and it is much easier to  dump picture directly at the MF. So ignore the text , just look at the pictures :)