1/32 Bf 109Ga-6 aka Romanian Gustav

KFS-miniatures

..Some time ago my friend Maciej had announced here some of my resin conversions dedicated to AFVs. However, it doesn't mean that I'm focused on AFV miniatures only

I would like to share with you one of my current WIPs. it is Hasegawa's Bf 109 G-6 (yes, i know, since Revell's kit is available, it is not trendy to waste time on Hasegawa..). I'm going to rework it into IAR-manufactured romanian Bf 109 Ga-6 using some aftermarket upgrades (Aires, Eduard) and decals (including resin beules distinctive for Ga-6s) from RB Productions.

j36s.jpg

scheme2.jpg

http://messerschmitt-bf109.de/display.php?lang=de&auth=e&name=ergebnis_suche&fotonummer=5915

what's is not surprising,I started by fitting the resin cockpit interior to the fuselage. It's obvious that I had to sand off all styrene details molded on the inner sides of fuselage halves.

5e5o.jpg
azcp.jpg
l85l.jpg

Edited by KFS-miniatures

The new Revell kit is a definite improvement, but the Hasegawa kits still come out pretty nice with a little model making skill. Still a place for them in my stash. What is the reason for the distinct beule on the Romanian Gustavs? Different MGs?

Nice project! That decal sheet is out of print and I doubt I will ever reissue it.

The Revell kit won't work well with these "beules". When I made them, I fitted them to the Hasegawa kit, and there are some differences between the two kits in that area. I guess it may be possible to fit these "bubbles" to the Revell kit with some work.
The purpose of the modified "bubbles" appears to be purely aerodynamic. On the "regular" Bf 109, the purpose of the "bubbles" was to cover the chutes for the spent ammunition links. There are a couple of photographs of the Bf 109 with the upper cowl removed showing that the MG 131 guns and chutes are standard. There is no added piece of equipment in there. So, the only explanation is that they did it just because they could. ;)

Radu

Edited by Radub

Nothing wrong with Hasegawa kit that a little patience cannot fix! I have noticed they are becoming rare and terribly expensive. Maybe a few will be released from private ownership with the arrival of the Revell edition!

Welcome to the forums and good luck with your build.

Regards,

Kent

yep, I know.

I'm sorry, but I have some problems with my imageshack account. last week there were appear some 'strange' pics on my account. this weekend I've lost all images uploaded since 6 August. and now my paid premium account is marked as a basic one..

I'm going to 'repair' this WIP as soon as it possible

btw, I'm still working on gustav

aii3.jpg