Intruder "just the finish"!

P Stoner

Looks really good. All kit parts ? I know Trump is notorious for bad TER's, but yours doing a great job. I have an F-4D but it will only have 6..........Harv

Load out completed, and the gear and doors will finish things off, minus a few touch ups and the seats! Still to be honest, undecided on what seat to use! But will go ahead and do up the kits seat, which will keep this OOB!

001-9.jpg

002-11.jpg

Remember that the inboard MER can only carry 5 bombs due to the main gear door!

003-8.jpg

Paul

Now that I'm just about done with this build, I'd like to point out a few things about actually having to back date this kit to a true A model! I'm not sure if a tweek list is need for the Intruder and this kit on here, but it would help clear up some things that are very much not common with the Intruder!

First thing is the seat, but I think enough has been said about what seat Trumpeter chose for this model! I wish I knew the resoning behind the way they produced this kit, but there are E mod stuff all over this kit!

001-8.jpg

There is a marking circle for the airscoop intake for the TRAM system.

002-10.jpg

as well as the exhaust for the TRAM. These will have to be plugged and sanded smoth! The small circle shaped thing should be raised. It's deep and makes the decals look funny!

003-7.jpg

The scoop marker and exhaust vent on the B/N side will need to be elliminated, this was a E mod I would assume, since every picture of a A don't have this!

005-4.jpg

007-5.jpg

The marker for,and the ECM antenna were E mods too. They are not used.

004-7.jpg

This intake on the right side should be the same as the left, not a mirror emage!

As mentioned in Petrov27's WIP the front fans for the engines that need attention. I used the same method but used the fans from Academy F/A-18 kit, I'd say that makes this a almost OOB build! I'm sure soon we will start to see aftermarket stuff show up for this kit, or even the E kit from Trumpy, even though if we had the TRAM scoop we could make a blister for the wing antenna system and Have the early E! Go figure! I hope this helps any who plan to build this out as a true A. I also hope others who know more about the A-6 can shed more light on this jet.

Paul

Guest Nigelr32

Thanks for posting up these tweaks Paul,

I agree with your suggestion on the list...posts like this disappear into the darkness over time. it would be good to have a "Sticky" to return too down the road.

Little update here on the Intruder. Just about wrapped this big ol pig up! Still have nav lights and a few odds and ends left, as well as the seats! Still not sure what seat to use! Other than that, hopefully the next pictures posted will be a finished product!

60.jpg

62.jpg

63.jpg

64.jpg

Paul