Hiding wing to fuse join. Ideas?

radial

Scratch Waco SRE. I have to join the top wing to this build after all the final paint and decalling is done. The question is how to eliminate the seam with minimal damage to the surrounding paint work. Any advice would be appreciated.4f7dc89994eef4c0831cc8251ab3c0ec.jpg

Masking tape butted up on either side of the seam, fill and sand or smooth seam, depending on filler this may be accomplished using isopropyl, paint over to match.

Could use white or the new clear glue and smooth with water, of course have the tape butted as close as possible to the seam to protect the surface area.

2 part epoxy putty like Magic Sculp. Smooths with a wet finger. Work it into the joint and smooth it out. Done correctly, there will be little damage to the finish (especially if you use laquer or enamel paint) and little to no sanding. Why people don't use it more is beyond me...

maybe run some packing tape along the trailing edge as a barrier, fill the seam with aves, pop the wing off after 2 hours and let the putty set overnight. Then re-install wing, and sand putty back to desired shape. the resulting seam will be as wide as the tape you used. adhesive foil is even thinner, and will result in an even thinner seam. HTH.

Either way you are going to do some damage to the finish. I'd probably not attach it after all the final painting is done, perhaps after the decals if the wing will get in the way of those, otherwise I'd attach it after the first gloss then repaint and regloss that area.