Anyone for an RNZAF Skyhawk 'Kahu' panel and HUD?

Anthony in NZ

Ok, update...again!

Just had an email saying the parts are printed and ready to ship.  Oh my, its a little stressful, having not done this sort of thing before......hope they look good!

Hopefully this little exercise is interesting for those of you, who like me, want stuff done but dont know how to go about it.  I have learnt a lot during this process and made some fundamental (expensive) learning mistakes, and lost hope several times along the way.

There is light at the end of the very long tunnel finally!  

Cheers

Anthony

Edited by Anthony in NZ

Ok, update...again!

Just had an email saying the parts are printed and ready to ship.  Oh my, its a little stressful, having not done this sort of thing before......hope they look good!

Hopefully this little exercise is interesting for those of you, who like me, want stuff done but dont know how to go about it.  I have learnt a lot during this process and made some fundamental (expensive) learning mistakes, and lost hope several times along the way.

There is light at the end of the very long tunnel finally!  

Cheers

Anthony

Can we preorder yet?

Well, I am not sure whether I am ready yet.  I will take a look at the first print and check its fit and if I am happy I will send the file with all the RWR sensors etc.  I think once they are all done and I am happy with the results (I am pretty fussy) then I will need to find a caster....and work with them to produce the conversion. 

I am not a model company just 'Joe Blogs Modeller' trying the concept out so I can make a 'Kiwi Skyhawk'.  My main concern is to those guys who paid a sum of money at the start to get it off the ground (with which the original CAD designer ripped me off and offered me something I could have made myself-with no experience, then asked for more money!!).  I digress, I want to look after them first, then I can relax.  After that if a company wants to take it on to produce then I would leave it up to them to market and sell.  

Does that sound like a plan??  I am still finding my feet as I go with this....

However it seems there is going to be a LOT more interest in this than I realize, if my PM's and emails are anything to go by!!  I was just going to do about 10 sets, but clearly that wont be enough....

Cheers

Anthony 

Hey Mike, I may need an address in the US as he didnt realise I lived in New Zealand and is not sure the best postal method etc.  I am at work today and dont have your email handy.  Can you email me so I can chat?  I might get the parts sent to me via you?

Cheers mate

Anthony