On my bench now

Qvarre

Hi folks

Been slow with the computer for a while now and it´s time to check in again. I´m trying to complete the Wnw (old) Albatros Dva in the Walter Böning´s scheme for some years now but guessing that all Albies from Roden have given me some tiredness off this bird so it had its time on the shelf halfway build.

Then Kellerking realized the mechanic with the Hienecke parachute and an idea for a vignette turned up in my head.So here´s the progress so far and for the moment my brushes are on the Mechanic, when he´s done my attention to complete the Dva and there will be two more figures from Model cellar to go on this vignette.0153_zpsd74b54ff.jpg

0154_zps30b7f71d.jpg

Cheers

LarsaQ

Looks like my lawn. Seriously, tho, very nice vignette. Love the fuselage color contrast and the dynamic diagonals of both the raw wood and painted area. Tho looking a bit forlorn, very nice values on your figure. Good show.

Sincerely,

Mark

Beautilful work , the overall build quality and finish is superb , the mechanic is excellent .. and he does have a passing resemblance to Master Samwise.. take off the books, and add the rest of the fellowship, and off to Mt Doom!

Hi

Here´s an update on the Albie, got the top wing on and will start up the final stage with rig and the last parts on the albie. There after just a post shade over all to cover up any glue marks :oops:

Waiting for the two more figures from Model Cellar to complete this Vignette so you have to wait until it will appear in the inspection thread.

009_zps0220559f.jpg

007_zpsa35c40ba.jpg

014_zpse509ddfc.jpg

Regards LarsaQ

Wow, how did you you the wood work - amazing!

Glad you summoned up the courage to finish this Albie.

Hi SinuheH

Thanks for your words. After building these Mercedes engines for some years now I´m feed up with them so this build staled when it was time for the engine to be build but now's it done and the box is on the table again, more because I got an idea for a Vignette including this Albie with some figures. The idea was able to be realised when Kellerkind did the Mechanic with the early parachute.

The wood works is fairly common among us modeller´s now. One way is to follow the tutorial on Wingnut homepage or decal it. I used Humbrol sand 63 as base colour and Burnt umber plus Yellow Ochre to fix the graining with. Let the Humbrol dry out totally before putting on oils, then when using oils use White Spirits for the oils so you not disturb the Humbrol. When all is done cover it up with a sealer type Humbrol clear.

LarsaQ

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Folks

The last two figures from Model Cellar just dropped into my mailbox and now I can get this one done. The Kellerkind Mecanic is done and I have some small things to get fixed on the Albie before is finished too.

0199_zpsc5f24d1b.jpg

I just got the first coats of paint on the two figures so do not think they will be like this :hmmm:

0213_zpsff070feb.jpg

Regrds LarsaQ