Calling Harold from AMS - we need an ACMI Pod!

seiran01

CAM makes the Mk 20 Rockeyes in 1/32 scale, (Sprue has them) however....do not buy them, run far far away from them. They are off in the details, but more than that, the molds are shot. the set I have, are totally worthless.

Yeah, the CAM stuff went down hill fast. The Python 3's I got were about 30 percent too small, though cast well. Brookhurst took over the remaining stock of CAM stuff for a while, then another company (whose name escapes me)bought the molds and starting re-popping the stuff. At that point the molds were shot and a lot of the stuff looked pretty rough, and as far as I know, they never made new molds.

Yeah, the CAM stuff went down hill fast. The Python 3's I got were about 30 percent too small, though cast well. Brookhurst took over the remaining stock of CAM stuff for a while, then another company (whose name escapes me)bought the molds and starting re-popping the stuff. At that point the molds were shot and a lot of the stuff looked pretty rough, and as far as I know, they never made new molds.

I am thinking it was a guy named John (military miniatures or something like that) that bought the molds. I don't think they had the masters, just the molds.

I found a length of brass tubing that is the correct diameter for the ACMI pod. I made a casting of it. That will be my first step. I can cast several of them and use those for the different versions.

Now, I need to know which version is most needed?

Photos or designation please.

Take your time Harold. As much as I need a couple, I have a baby due on the 29th so I don't have much building time between now and then. After that, I think it'll be touch and go for building time.

Carl

Haha...you won't have much time AFTERWARDS either.

I can't speak for everyone else and my knowledge of the pod is non-existant, but this is what I'd need it for - F-16 Aggressor in 1/32

http://files.air-attack.com/MIL/f16/f16aggressor_ne09_20090630.jpg

That one looks just like the one I need for my A-4:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/35/A-4F_VFC-13_with_ACMI_pod_in_flight_1987.JPEG

D

• 6 months later...

I think with the A-4 series and the A-7 available in 32 scale and soon the A-6 that someone should think about releasing some Rockeyes/CBU's for these kits. No aftermarket company makes them. The only ones I know of are in the Tamiya F-15E box.

Just my .2 of a cents worth

Ken.

TAC Scale now CAM has made Rockeyes in 1/32nd

Kagemusha  The link you posted is a ALQ-188 pod, the other items in the set are for the F-16 intake checks, Not sure what they are called. The ACMI pod looks like a SIDEWINDER with out fins, They are white or red to orange red, See above photo posted by ZERO77, it is the pod at the upper wing tip ( port / left wing )  

Center line is ALQ-188  No check pods in photo

Cheers

Edited by Vandy 1 VX 4