Komatsu G-40

Tomek

This little bugger kept me occupied for almost a year.

It supposed to be a test before weathering my M24 Chaffee, which some of you may still remember (I intend to finish it!). As in M24, I did not want to paint entire model, only heavily weather it. You can still see some original gray color of the kit   :innocent: . I tried to modify and enhance a few elements but with various levels of success...

Oh, the paper model kit was published by Orlik, scale 1/25.

Comments, questions, critique always welcomed!

IMG_1533_zpsd46fd45f.jpg

IMG_1521_zpsc63c8932.jpg

IMG_1525_zps45da6feb.jpg

IMG_1515_zps08c78b6a.jpg

IMG_1556_zpsda1afce8.jpg

IMG_1557_zpsda626aeb.jpg

Edited by Tomek

Thanks Kevin and Harvey! Glad to be back ;)

Kyrre, well, I got to be honest. The model is not entirely made of paper. The rivets are BGA balls flatten on one side, the radiator mesh is Radu's photoetched part, pipes are mostly styrene rods, the rubber tubes for hydraulic arms were made of Apple crappy earbuds. There is some wire of course. The rest is paper, card and cardboard :innocent:

Thanks Kevin and Harvey! Glad to be back ;)

Kyrre, well, I got to be honest. The model is not entirely made of paper. The rivets are BGA balls flatten on one side, the radiator mesh is Radu's photoetched part, pipes are mostly styrene rods, the rubber tubes for hydraulic arms were made of Apple crappy earbuds. There is some wire of course. The rest is paper, card and cardboard :innocent:

A true multimedia build!

Kev

I can't stop laughing!

You go away and come back with a paper masterpiece making all the styrene fanbois jealous!

It's not the medium that makes the modeler, rather, it's the modeler's selection of media that makes the model...,

+Gil

Edited by Gil

Guest Peterpools

Tomek

Welcome back Buddy ... simply amazing. The weathering is absolutely perfect in color and texture. Fantastic work all the way around.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Thanks again guys for your warm reception of the dozer.

Miss your Chaffee and, Bird Dog, is it?.

Mark, Bird Dog is close enough ;) . It's another liaison aircraft - L-4H Piper Cub. Can't wait to return to both projects!