HK B-25 J finished

Scotsman

I finally finished this guy about 10 minutes ago , HK-B-25J, complete with the Eduard sets for the cockpit , nose, and bomb bay , (dratted camera died before taking pics of it)! Marking from our own dear Eli, nose weight from Profimodel, excellent - fits perfectly and works a treat. Paint is a custom mix of Xtrcolour Olive Drab, and faded OD.

Anyway , here it is

DSCF0753.jpg

Nice nose art choices Eli

DSCF0752.jpg

Not sure Nancy had mission marks , but is does setve to brighten up a rather (olive)drab scheme!

DSCF0750.jpg

I'll toning down the chipping soom - a touch over done!

DSCF0749.jpg

More pics to follow , just as soon as I work out where my wife, bless her, hid all the dammed batteries for the camera !

Edited by Scotsman

Looks very nice, you did a wonderful job! Love the markings too! I am just about to start mine, it looks like a very nice kit. Soooo many parts to prep! Did the mission marker decals come with the zotz sheet?

Edited by mz826

Its a suprising straightfordward build, even with the Eduard set , the only problem I encountered was the problem were the length of the fusalage seams , I didn't clamp or glue them enough , resulting in lots of filling .. a real problem .. other than that great - special word praise for the engines, compared to the long slogs putting Trumpter R2800's together , the ones in B-25 kit were a joy to put together

Guest Nigelr32

She looks lovely Colin. This is only the second completed I've seen, and the first in OD.

Thanks for posting the pics, they will inspire many to get the kit out of their stash.

Thanks for all the nice comments guys .. The camera is working again ... so

An overall view - the big problem protographing the beast is the overall sive of the monster !

DSCF0757.jpg

One of the nice things about this kit , is the superb clear sprue , very clear , and for once the pieces actually fit.. one tip get the Eduard mask set , it fits , and the results are the best I've ever had from a masking set

DSCF0754.jpg

The bomb bay

DSCF0751-1.jpg

The eduard set , Alclad aluminium and a wash with Tamiya smoke

Oh should have mentioned - the prop bades are from Relish - a touch easier to source in the Uk than AMS's - sorry Harold!

Edited by Scotsman