Hobbycraft Sea Fury Hawker Company demonstrator G-AKRY

airscale

Yea, bored......Every little piece, every little bit of brass is a pleasure to see. Very interesting to me. Never bored with this build, my friend !...............Harv :popcorn: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi Peter,

Haven't checked in for a few days, but wow, have you ever been busy! Watching your work here is slightly unnerving for me, as our approach and techniques are so close to each other that it is scary!

Brilliant work Pete, thanks for sharing it with us.

Derek

hello everyone

thanks for your kind messages - here I am back again with a little update on getting the u/c bay fitted out. Still making up pipework & fittings - I got a few more diameters of Albion Alloys micro nickel tubing to try speeding things up (it didn't work, it still takes ages...)

..first up sketching out the placement and making up some unions that go through the centre rib...

WIP328.jpg

..next a pump of some sort, it's only a few mm long and has about 10 parts...

WIP327.jpg

..the centre rib nearing completion - there is still a lot of bigger bore pipework to go but the rib needs fixing to the u/c bay roof to run it all...

WIP329.jpg

..and another quick dry fit to make sure it all fits together..

WIP330.jpg

...still loads to go so I guess I am going to be doing this stuff for a while yet

back soon - hopefully with more significant progress as I have just realised that we are half way through the GB and I 'only' have six months left..

TTFN

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Ok Peter

Stop taking photos of a full size bird under restoration and claiming it's a model.

Looks absolutely perfect! Stellar work :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Keep 'em coming

Peter :popcorn: :popcorn:

evening all,

thanks Grant & Peter - most kind of you to drop in :)

a bit more wheelwell action - this is taking time as there are so many components it doesn't look (or feel) like I am getting anywhere..

first up some of the main pipework in the other u/c bay - heated some rod to bend it, wrapped it in tape, bound it in fuse wire and added clamps from brass strip...

WIP332.jpg

..at the other end of the pipe is a sort of pipe matrix which feeds out to other pipes running across the roof of the well - again, rod, copper & nickel tube and som punched brass discs...

WIP331.jpg

..and the complete assembly with mounting plate - more pipework to be added to each end later on...

WIP333.jpg

..I cemented the centre rib in place and added the small pump/tube thingy to the wheelwell roof as it goes under the main piping..

WIP334.jpg

..and another dry run to make sure everything lines up and fits together..

WIP335.jpg

WIP336.jpg

WIP337.jpg

..daft really, the finished model will be stood on it's wheels so none of this will ever be seen, but hey it keeps me out of trouble :ninja:

until next time folks

TTFN

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Peter

You've already done enough incredible work to you out of trouble for at least two lifetimes. Gorgeous work Bro! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Peter :popcorn: :popcorn:

As someone who has added this "rats nest" of hydraulics to my Fisher Sea Fury (not remotely approaching your skill level!), I totally understand what you are going through and achieving brilliantly may I say! I at least had some of the fuel lines in place in the wheel well, plus ribs and hydaulic actuators supplied. You are no doubt putting some serious hours into this build and it shows!

Your skills are out of this world and this is such a brilliant thread to follow. This Sea Fury is going to be a masterpiece!

Fantastic circuit board wheel bay detaling there Peter :speak_cool:

I bet that you now have a more than a pretty good understanding of the full size aircraft hydrulic systems and components in this area now!

Great work.

Derek