HK 1/32 B-25J

gunpowder

I have been waiting for a 1/32 B-25 for as long as i can remember. When i saw Hannants had them in i had to make the trip. Its alot of money for me and i wanted to make sure it was worth it. I wasnt dissapointed.

This kit is one of the best molded kits i have ever seen. There are no photos of it anywhere that do it justice , you have to see it in the plastic! One of the things i really like is that theres very good detail in the parts you will be able to see and not much in the places you cant. I cant decide on markings yet. Some of the ones on the ZOTZ sheet look good but 23 quid on a decal sheet is too much for me. Im really leaning towards a PBJ-1J at the moment. I can easily scratchbuild a wing pod.

OK on with a couple of photos. Heres the photos of the cockpit straight from the box. All of those levers are seperate.

DSC06947.jpg

DSC06948.jpg

DSC06949.jpg

DSC06952.jpg

This is indeed a grand kit....everything fits as it should, with very little clean-up.....well worth the price. I'm immensely enjoying this build.

IIRC, the Tamiya A2M Zero drop tank has the same contours as the pod carried on the starboard wing of the PBJ-1s'....HTH.

Great job....thanks for the pix!

Happy modeling,

Jim

Thanks Guys. The cockpit colour is a mix of Tamiya olive drab and yellow grey. The base was white primer , then i preshaded with the interior green. Lastly i lightly sprayed over the whole thing. Its a bit more subtle than black preshading. The chipped paint is just applied with tamiya alluminium with a small brush.

There are 2 small control type boxes missing from the pilots sidewall that i may add , and i may also add cusions to the seats. Anyone got any good photos of the seats.

Edited by gunpowder

Very nice indeed - excellent work on the cockpit - the subtle pre-shading works extremely well along with those minute levers etc - they really add some sharpness to the thing.

Most definitely bookmarked.

Grant.

I made some seat cusions from milliput. I added some creases and painted them a leather brown.

008.jpg

On to the bomb bay. This is it straight from the box. I need to add the bomb racks and maybe some bombs. Colour is Tamiya bare metal silver with a promodeller dark dirt wash.

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

Thats it for tonight.

Not having seen one of these kits in the flesh yet, I'm more than impressed with the detail they've built into it. I hope you're finding it as good as it looks. You're certainly making an excellent job of it.

Grant.