Two Jeeps

Tomek

• 7 months later...

It's been a while since my last update, but it the break was good. I have a lot of energy and commitment now not only to finish this project, but also enhance a few things. Not sure this will translate to better overall build quality though :P.

I started with the fuel tank. I added a fuel line and one for draining the tank.

a8ce5a69-f4be-464d-b6f7-570a3001f406_zps

IMG_1600_zps0da6586f.jpg

Next was the instrument panel. It turned out the IP in the kit is from earlier version, L-4A.

IMG_1602_zps34db22e4.jpg

IMG_1601_zps651c1dce.jpg

This had to be corrected:

IMG_1594_zps8926f508.jpg

I recieved from a friend a set of instrument faces developed in similar fashion as photographs on foil. The detail is great, shame I'm not really able to bring it to full potential because of my skills.

1f37c8c9.jpg

Bezels were made out of stretched sprue.

IMG_1597_zpse38f0c7f.jpg

I added some more details in the cockpit (throttle quadrant, fuel shut off, trim crank, etc.) and glued in place the fire extinguisher and the back seat. The fuel cut off cable will be installed bit later.

8A439683-D66A-492F-805B-BA6CA4DC1112_zps

DB41522A-A911-4DB8-9F4E-AEEC7D2D095B_zps

40D9AD71-8394-46DF-95C5-FDE902080CBC_zps

Thanks for looking!

Guest Peterpools

Tomek

Great to see your back working on the L4 again. Looking forward to following your progress again and the update, certainty shows your commitment to doing a stellar job

keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Outstanding work. One teeeny-tiny point before you close up in there: those two throttles would move in unison and therefore should 'dwell' at the same angle (presumably snapped shut as she'll be on the ground with the engine switched off).

Keep up the good work!

I really do appreciate your reception guys! Thank you! How can I not be happy to be back? :yahoo:

Simon said: "One teeeny-tiny point before you close up in there: those two throttles would move in unison and therefore should 'dwell' at the same angle (presumably snapped shut as she'll be on the ground with the engine switched off)."

I was wondering if anybody will notice. I was hoping I can get away with it, hahaha.

You are absolutely right, Simon. Thanks for pointing it out and pushing me to do better. I'll try to re-position throttle knobs all the way to the aft (closed) and keep them both in the same position.

Edited by Tomek

• 1 year later...

Thanks Maru. You are forcing me to do some update  ;)

I've changed the thread title because I came up with something better in the meantime. Not meant to confuse.

Only a little to report. This was done a while back. The project is still  on the back burner and it will remain there until my Chaffee is more less completed.

I do not have a picture of the cockpit, but the misalignment of the throttles which supposed to be in the same position has been fixed.

The next element for assembly was the wings. I started with the aerilon cable fairings. To form them I delaminated the paper card and with bit of O'glue formed them using end of paintbrush and tip of my finger.

IMG_1520_zps63b184ab.jpg

IMG_1521_zps9ccd944f.jpg

IMG_1522_zps84a7d2c7.jpg

The exit hole still needs some cleaning. I replaced printed detail of the pulleys inspection windows with scratch build details:

lezka_zps98ac17a5.jpg

And the assembled wings. The rear spar is visibly misaligned. I did not have heart to correct it, hoping that it will be much less visible under the greenhouse.

IMG_0084_zpse923af89.jpg

IMG_0085_zps227dbd7d.jpg

The ignition switch in the picture below was replaced with something more in scale  ;)

klatka_zps7603ef31.jpg

And I managed to add a vertical stabilizer. 

IMG_1646_zpsdc92303a.jpg

IMG_1648_zps55581c09.jpg

That's it! Thanks for looking.