LSP_K2

Den fighters, (forever)

Looking good !.........Harv :popcorn:

Thanks, Harv.

Looks very interesting with a lot of exciting possibilities.

J

Thanks, Jerry. I've been really wanting to get a ceiling queen finished for some time now (ever since I moved in here), and this seemed a perfect candidate.

I'm a hap, hap, happy guy tonight! While searching for something else, I discovered 14 brand new bottles of Aeromaster paint I'd thought to be forever lost. A little German, a little Japanese, a little RAF. I now have both grays to paint my Typhoon, and will use Model Master (or Tamiya) for the green. Boy, this makes me happy.

FqAMKW.jpg

I'm a hap, hap, happy guy tonight! While searching for something else, I discovered 14 brand new bottles of Aeromaster paint I'd thought to be forever lost. A little German, a little Japanese, a little RAF. I now have both grays to paint my Typhoon, and will use Model Master (or Tamiya) for the green. Boy, this makes me happy.

FqAMKW.jpg

Kinda like walking along, casually looking down at the ground and finding a $5 bill! (or maybe even a $20 in this case)

Edited by LSP_Typhoonattack

that's a good win right there, I'm the king of not checking my paint numbers, I write down what I think I need, go to the hobby store curse and swear when they don't have it, only to come home, grab the bottles and look. and then to see that I not only have the paint I needed, but multiples of it. 

Story of my life!!!!!! 

Kinda like walking along, casually looking down at the ground and finding a $5 bill! (or maybe even a $20 in this case)

While I haven't actually looked for any for a while, I suspect these are very hard to find now, sort of like the old Floquil military colors (which I still have a few pristine bottles of).

that's a good win right there, I'm the king of not checking my paint numbers, I write down what I think I need, go to the hobby store curse and swear when they don't have it, only to come home, grab the bottles and look. and then to see that I not only have the paint I needed, but multiples of it. 

Story of my life!!!!!! 

Oh yes, I went on a hunt for good old flat black at the LHS one time, only to find about six brand new bottles already "hiding" in my dungeon.

Cleaning off the table for a big grill-fest this weekend, so I thought I'd take a parting shot of the Typhoon as it currently sits. All seams are cleaned up and landing gear doors are in place. All I need do now is add the light covers, pilot and canopy and I'm ready to start spraying this baby. The rediscovery of plenty of my Aeromaster warbird colors, really has me jazzed up about painting this bird.

oLBWTj.jpg

Bored out of my mind yesterday afternoon, I decided to go scrounging through some of my kits, when I stumbled upon this, a mint ōtaki P-47 Thunderbolt, perfect cure for the afternoon doldrums. I've already tentatively picked a scheme, a ratty looking OD over gray, with partial invasion stripes, blue cowl, and rudder. (To be quite honest, I forgot all about the Typhoon, until just now.)

bovD1u.jpg

And here's what I accomplished yesterday, the more or less completely assembled kit. The weather is supposed to be gorgeous here again Tuesday, so I'll sit out on the deck then and get this baby prepped for some paint.

eEuj5D.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Kev

Nice find for sure and together in a split second to boot ... amazing. Looking forward to the painting and weathering along with the spinning props.

I still build 48th scale kits as my build progress on the 32nd scale projects allows. After my Jug, I started the Eduard F6F-3 Hellcat and she isn't far from the paint shop right now. I haven;'t posted any build photos but shall down the road a bit. I guess on LSP, it's considered being a closet 48th scale guy when not building large scale

Keep 'em coming

Peter

I also found this, started (naturally), but appears to be 100% complete, so eventually it too will become a ceiling queen. Once I can get organized here (if that ever happens), I'll assess what kits are missing what, and buy new kits if needed, to complete those that are already well under way, assuming they're actually here at all.

gzW3ib.jpg