LSP_K2

Den fighters, (forever)

I'm in a Typhoon sort of mood (sounds like a song title!) To that end, I dragged out my two known 1:48 scale kits (I may also have a couple of Monogram kits buried around here somewhere, I'm really not sure) to get a start. I vaguely recall that the bubble top is not a complete kit, as I trashed it pretty bad in the painting process, and left it behind when I moved out.

H86HUK.jpg

Now here was an interesting surprise:... the car door kit is crammed full of AM Typhoon stuff! I won't be using any of it for this ceiling queen though, as that would be a complete waste. Eventually I'll do a bubble top and car door as display models, so I'll use all of this (and more) then.

LmU9zc.jpg

unbeknownst to me, the wings had already been glued up, so I just spent a few minutes cleaning up the seams. More work needs to be done, but I won't get too crazy with it, as experience has taught me that unless it's a huge blunder, no on will ever see it once it's hung up anyway. I will put some serious effort into the airframe painting/weathering though, as that certainly will show. Light tent was already setup for taking photos of the Mosquito, but as I suspected, I'll need to switch to the much larger tent, and that still may not be large enough.

5h5nK1.jpg

I'm not a big fan of the multi-panel approach to facilitate different marks being produced, as it seems to almost inevitably leave gaps, but that's what I'm stuck with.

Nice work, K2! I have the Hasegawa bubbletop kit in the stash, but also the Monogram kit with the KMC update set. Been meaning to drag that one out of the stash for years and get started on it.

Kev

As is typical for me, I've went ahead and drawn up the prop templates for this effort. I've gone ahead and added the phantomed in inner prop blur area as well (something unique for me), so that I can spray a central, darker pattern, with the outer edges (very dark gray and yellow) being softer, creating, I hope, a more realistic spinning prop, using better control.

BvEJ12.jpg

Nice work, K2! I have the Hasegawa bubbletop kit in the stash, but also the Monogram kit with the KMC update set. Been meaning to drag that one out of the stash for years and get started on it.

Kev

Well, you know me, Kev, I have sort of a "thing" for the Typhoon. A few nights ago I was watching a documentary on the tube, and there was a nice segment of Typhoons swooping in for a rocket attack, and that's all it took. The Monogram kit is perfect for a ceiling hanger, but for my display models, I really prefer the Hasegawa kits, and will eventually do several variations.

Kevin,

Awesome thread my old friend.Truly a remarkable project not mention massive. I'd love to see some of your photographs of the completed Den Fighters hanging from your ceiling . Keep up the excellence my old friend.

Highest Regards,

Gregory Jouette

:yahoo:  :thumbsup:  :yahoo:  :thumbsup:  :yahoo:  :thumbsup:

Thanks, Greg. Unfortunately, many were lost during the move, or are incomplete, so with few exceptions, I've had to start all over again. This Typhoon may well be the first to hang in my new environment.

Thanks, Brian. Well, bombs get some color. These colors are not correct, but it's what I had, so good enough. Much to my horror, last night I discovered that five complete boxes of old Aeromaster warbird enamels are gone, apparently lost in my move last year. Probably a good 60% of those colors were for British types like this Typhoon. I can't begin to convey how utterly frustrating that is.

h4cfRH.jpg