LSP_K2

Den fighters, (forever)

All interesting stuff. As a matter of fact, when hanging from the ceiling, this may become a non-issue. And you're right K1, the canopy has to be one of the worst fitting I've encountered, but for $8.00, I really can't complain too much.
I do have a Mirage 2000 (Monogram kit), that's been hanging out there in the den for several years. It gets moved to the living room, where some other 1:48 jets will also end up hanging, including an F-15 Eagle that's almost ready for paint.

Guest Peterpools

Kev

Super progress . No matter, Zero looks just right.

Peter.

OK, so much for staying focused in 2013. :blush: In an effort to renew my ongoing project for my den, I've decided to add a couple of Mig-3's into the mix. I already had these kits laying around, so no out of pocket expense there, and that's a good thing.

zd9yZp.jpg

The scheme for one, probably winter white for the other. (Image liberated from the Osprey Mig-3 Aces book.)

Ug0hWH.jpg

What's your impressions of the ICM kit K2?

Kev

The kit seems well detailed enough, but way over designed for some bizarre reason. The wing assembly is seven pieces, as an example.

Guest Peterpools

Kev

Nothing like staying focused. looking forward to following the Migs through the building process

Keep 'em coming

Good news for me, the Trumpeter Mig kit comes complete with rockets and rails. Several of the winter schemes I really like depict the aircraft with these rockets attached.

0jPssH.jpg

OK, according to my limited references, pit on the Mig-3 was a light blue, similar to the bottom color (but not the same), so I have painted it accordingly. (This is the Trumpeter kit that will be in a winter white scheme, and loaded with RS-82 rockets.)

wH8sUC.jpg

These are the schemes provided in the Trumpeter kit, but again the decals are a pale pinkish color, and not red as they should be, so I'll have to continue to raid the Aeromaster sheets for insignias, as I did on the Eduard Yak.

CpZyHo.jpg

Yet another of my many ambitions, is to resume work on some ceiling queens for my new environment. To that end, here's a Tamiya Mustang getting closer to the paint stage. (Photos taken at the old residence, but never uploaded.) Pilot looks kind of funky, but will never really be seen anyway, so I'm OK with it.

VcTnIn.jpg

ZJUrr1.jpg

i9yxHP.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Kev

Great project .. just keep at it.  Nice Anytime Baby patch.

Keep 'em coming

Peter