applying rivits

Mark mentions Radu's riveting tools. These are a series of photo-etched wheels with sharp 'cogs', which, when fitted to a hobby knife handle and run across the model's surface, produce a nice, evenly distributed rivet pattern. Here's a comparison shot I prepared earlier:

rivets_comparison.jpg

I have also of late taken to using a jeweller's punch set for creating larger fasteners, but I'll have to get a photo of that later.

Kev

I wish I could remember what brand they were but there are rivet strips available that go down like decals and are various sizes. I'm using them for a CNAC DC-3 build and they're covered with non flush rivets. You paint right over them and you can dry brush them to simulate paint wear. You can also use them under an aluminum foil finish. Check out some DC-3 pics on the net especially the natural finish ones.

I wish I could remember what brand they were but there are rivet strips available that go down like decals and are various sizes.

The ones I know of come from Archer. I think there's at least one other manufacturer (HGH?).

Kev

Hi preditor,

I'll add my thumbs up for the RaduB Rivet-R tool. It's superb to use and gives excellent results.

I used the Archer rivet transfers on my recent Hawk build and they also worked a treat. Simply apply them like normal waterslide decals then paint over them. There are a range of sizes and styles available but they are n't cheap.

Something like this Archer Starter set gives a number of alternatives to try.

This page shows the full Archer raised surface detail selection.

HTH

Guy

• 9 months later...