Wingnut wings Pfalz III

Flip01

Hi guys,

Been working on this kit for the last couple of months. approaching final assembly.

Kit is almost built out of the box. Added a bit of extra detail to the engine (spark plugs, springs, etc) and to the cockpit.

The application of the lozenge decals proved to be a real challenge (at least to me) The instructions say that you don't need decal softner, but i my opinion, you can't do without. At first I tried Micro Sol, but that was too strong and really messed up the decals. After that I tried Gunze decal softner and that worked a charm.

Also started work on the pilot figure that will go with it.

Regards

Philippe

Pfalz%20cockpit%202.jpg

Pfalz%20cockpit.jpg

%a8Pfalz%20cockpit%205.jpg

IMG_0962.jpg

Pfalz222.jpg

Pfalz224.jpg

Pilot.jpg

"Wow!" barely covers it! That is excellent work. I have my DV and Richthofen w/Moritz in the to build pile.

I did the Roden Pfalz...I think I need one of these, too as it's one of my favorites!

Great work!!!!!!

Tim W.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your kind comments.

@RogerP: the wood grain effect was done with oil paint. First give the part(s) a base of tamiya buff or similar and afterwards apply a thin layer of oil paint (raw, burn umber, Burnt sienna... depends on what kind of wood you want to replicate.

Afterwards, take a dry flat brush and drag it gently over the part, taking some of the oil paint away and leaving the woodgrain pattern in the progress.

The pfalz is almost ready now. The upper wings attached and the rigging of the wings finished. I've used Bob's Buckles tubes and eyelets. Great stuff and easy to work with. You don't need to be afraid of rigging jobs anymore :-)

I took this pic with my iPhone, so its not very good, but i'll take some proper pictures later on this week.

PFalz.jpg

Still to do:

Front engine cover

Rudders and rigging

Exhaust and inlet tube.

Real wooden prop.

Final weathering.

Afterwards, I'll finish the figure and do a small diorama (I'll leave the engine covers off and add some mechanic tools.)

Thanks for looking.

Cheers

Philippe

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your kind comments.

@RogerP: the wood grain effect was done with oil paint. First give the part(s) a base of tamiya buff or similar and afterwards apply a thin layer of oil paint (raw, burn umber, Burnt sienna... depends on what kind of wood you want to replicate.

Afterwards, take a dry flat brush and drag it gently over the part, taking some of the oil paint away and leaving the woodgrain pattern in the progress.

The pfalz is almost ready now. The upper wings attached and the rigging of the wings finished. I've used Bob's Buckles tubes and eyelets. Great stuff and easy to work with. You don't need to be afraid of rigging jobs anymore :-)

I took this pic with my iPhone, so its not very good, but i'll take some proper pictures later on this week.

PFalz.jpg

Still to do:

Front engine cover

Rudders and rigging

Exhaust and inlet tube.

Real wooden prop.

Final weathering.

Afterwards, I'll finish the figure and do a small diorama (I'll leave the engine covers off and add some mechanic tools.)

Thanks for looking.

Cheers

Philippe

Hi philippe,

Looks fantastic, nice work ! Where can up get the buckles and eyelets is there a website ?

Willi

Edited by miamiangler