HELLDIVER!

big matt

Guest Peterpools

Hi Matt

Glad to hear your working on those 1:1 projects and of course, that's large scale modeling at it's finest. How about some photos so your old biddies can see what you're up to?

Peter

Have just been re-reading this - amazing work - hugely inspirational.

Would be great to see it finished - but great to hear you're enjoying the car projects - Formula Ford sounds great fun!  :)

I've got a few of the 1:33 card kits - with a view to doing something similar - but never felt brave enough. Even have the Vulcan kit - maybe one day...

Iain

Ok so where are the Camaro pics?

Hahahahaha, thanks guys!

I had no real issues converting a card model. It just takes a bit more patience than de-sprueing parts. If I can get as far as I got, anyone can!

Here is the Camaro at Willow Springs Ron, I wish I had the pics of me sailing past a new Stingray. Muhahahaha. We did that at Auto Club Speedway. My LSP buddy Dave Pratt has been for a ride in this car, we had a great time during his visit.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii295/bigm601/Nov-09-2013-WestCoastRacingGREEN1135amCLI_2900-Nov09-13.jpg

Here is another car I built, 1965 Mustang with a very modern suspension and braking system. We had a ton of fun with this car at the track a few weeks ago.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii295/bigm601/PurpleTurn12and13NIC_2935-Aug0914.jpg

I'm building this 1962 Nova wagon for my wife. Its still getting the mechanicals sorted but is lots of fun to drive. No seat belts for the kids but they do have ash trays.

nova.jpg

Lastly, here is a pic of the sister car to my Formula Ford project. It is currently like a giant scale kit that someone took off the sprues, shook up the box, removed a few tiny pieces and threw the instructions away. Perfect!!!

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii295/bigm601/DaveFairchild-Merlyn-11A-AA.jpg

From time to time I peruse the fantastic work you guys are doing. It is always awesome to see great builds.

amazing...

I love it when these old build threads surface and I can marvel at things I missed - this is a fantastic example and a wonder to behold

..it also prompted me to order the F7F in card today which is literally my dream machine. I figure I can sit here prepping parts inbetween stuff already on the bench so one day I can have a go at this...

Matt - hats off to you & hope to see this back on the bench sometime soon :popcorn:

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Matt

Holy Cow, has to be the ULTIMATE model when you're working 1:1 scale. Absolutely beautiful work and I'm glad you're enjoying the builds. Thanks for posting the photos and the Mustang has to be my favorite as I have a deep fondness for the early ponies.

Peter

I see there is now a laser cut frame set available for this kit, partly viewable over on the Papel3D website. Price is 17.33 Euros. I am not sure if it covers all of the internals as it is only a partial picture. There is also a canopy set, but it is photographed in the plastic bag so could just be a shapeless lump for all I know.

I have order the paper parts, and would love to hear if these other bits are worthwhile from anyone who has them or has seen them.

Greg

I see there is now a laser cut frame set available for this kit, partly viewable over on the Papel3D website. Price is 17.33 Euros. I am not sure if it covers all of the internals as it is only a partial picture. There is also a canopy set, but it is photographed in the plastic bag so could just be a shapeless lump for all I know. I have order the paper parts, and would love to hear if these other bits are worthwhile from anyone who has them or has seen them. Greg

Hi Greg,

From what I've seen on Papel3D website these are original Halinski add-ons to the kit Matt is using. They will fit this exact kit. I haven't seen the laser cut parts (cardboard of various thickness cut with laser), but based on common practice among paper model publishers, they include all, or most of parts that need to be laminated. I have a kit, and I took photos of 3 sheets of parts that most likely the laser cut package will include. I hope Matt will not mind  :DodgeBall:

cd84ea2a-a49a-4283-b6c4-228211a2d808_zps

c23bed73-0ed4-4e82-b4af-0361c03b5493_zps

08c0f287-fb13-4cfe-b3dc-9d0f3b059e24_zps

I hope this helps.

• 6 months later...

To my knowledge there has never been a large scale Helldiver Stephen. That's why I attempted the project in the first place.

I am sorry to say that the "diver" met an unfortunate end. She took a plunge from a high shelf and did not survive. I also found that the thin styrene I used to cover the airframe was a bit too thin and cracked in many places. Oh well, it was a great experience.

What's up Brian!

Still no plastic modeling for me. I'm too busy building a race car! I also got myself a new paint gun. It's funny how so many of the tools and skills transfer, just in a larger scale!!!

Cheers!

Matt

To my knowledge there has never been a large scale Helldiver Stephen. That's why I attempted the project in the first place.

I am sorry to say that the "diver" met an unfortunate end. She took a plunge from a high shelf and did not survive. I also found that the thin styrene I used to cover the airframe was a bit too thin and cracked in many places. Oh well, it was a great experience.

What's up Brian!

Still no plastic modeling for me. I'm too busy building a race car! I also got myself a new paint gun. It's funny how so many of the tools and skills transfer, just in a larger scale!!!

Cheers!

Matt

NOICE!   Cool hobbies wax and wane, so maybe it will come back around someday!  :lol: Good luck with the cars man!  I miss the shoutie threads!!!!