P-51D subject for new Tamiya kit

ross w

...my father's aircraft, spring 1945, Martlesham Heath, 356th FG, 359th FS, and for all those concerned about modeling neatness...check out the wheels...field applied paintjob...

oc-w2.jpg

That's a really cool scheme. And it must be amazing to build your fathers' ride!

The diamond pattern on the nose should drive you nuts, but it's doable.

Hope the Tam 51 lands soon!

Cheers,

Jeroen

010_10.jpg

Here's another view, I think Montex still make one (32043) for the Hasegawa kit already, but has different s/n and style of squadron letters.

regards, Ross

:post1: Ross.

That's a nice scheme - we'd be very happy to do paint masks for you for that scheme. Send us an e-mail at this address if you are interested.

Best regards,

Ian

Guest Peterpools

Welcome aboard and enjoy the forum.

:post1:

Beautiful Mustang and I'm sure you'll be building a Tamyia P-51 with that scheme.

Peter

Welcome to LSP Ross

I've fixed both of your image links so the picture appears in your post. You have been copying the img code from Photobucket into the LPS insert image link. If you are going to copy the img code from photobucket all you need to do is paste it directly into your post without using insert image. Here is a link explaining what I mean.

How to link images to LSP

Using Photobucket

ok.... Lets try this....

IMG_0914.jpg

I'll do an intro page in the general discussion area shortly... thanks for the suggestion if it works...

Ross

Welcome to LSP Ross

I've fixed both of your image links so the picture appears in your post. You have been copying the img code from Photobucket into the LPS insert image link. If you are going to copy the img code from photobucket all you need to do is past it directly into your post without using insert image. Here is a link explaining what I mean.

How to link images to LSP

Using Photobucket

010_10.jpg

Here's another view, I think Montex still make one (32043) for the Hasegawa kit already, but has different s/n and style of squadron letters.

regards, Ross

Awesome scheme! I like the diamond patter as well.

However.............I would make a suggestion that for a VERY fair price (AND some of the best customer service around) Ian @ Ad Astra masks can make you an EXACT set of masks for this ship (and correct me if im wrong here Ian) could even include masks for not only your fathers exact s/n, and style of sq letters, but also maybe even include a mask for those pesky diamonds. :D

Trust me when I say you WONT be disappointed. The Ad Astra masks are in general MUCH, MUCH better than any of the Montex stuff Ive used. The stickiness is almost perfect on Ian's stuff and unlike the Montex stuff, does not leave funky mask/glue residue all over your project.

Brian

Awesome scheme! I like the diamond patter as well.

However.............I would make a suggestion that for a VERY fair price (AND some of the best customer service around) Ian @ Ad Astra masks can make you an EXACT

I will second that. Very good service indeed.

Ron

Guest Ta152H1

Welcome Ross.

Nice to see that you have an subject close to heart to do!

I'm 100% with Moeggo on this one!And I 2nd the guys who praise Ad Astra!!!

Cheers

Lou

I will second that. Very good service indeed.

Ron

welcome Ross

i will "third" that - great product and great service from AdAstra

VERY cool aircraft, and you are so lucky to have such clear reference photos work with - should make a great project

Nick