TA-152-C

fam43

Hi folks,

Happy New Year to all!

A new year allways is a good time to start projects planned over a long period. There are rumors Pacific Coast wants to do the TA-152 C. I was stupid enough to buy their expensive Ta-152 H - a major disapointment when I opened the box.

25r37uo.jpg

So I will built my 152 C by kitbashing the PC-H with my sparebox.

A sparebox has a live of its own. It never gets empty!

rw1m2r.jpg

Hi Micha

Happy new year my friend.

Sound´s good your next project, the Ta-152C is one of my most favorite aircraft.

Will watch your thread like an eagle.

Greetings

Bekim :rolleyes: :m0152:

Hi dodgem 37,

I paid 85.- € getting a wrong cockpit, wrong undercarriage, closed ejector openings, no seperate flaps, far too thick trailing edges, and a questionable fit between fuselage and wing roots. Yes I was disapointed!

Hi Bekim,

thanks for the parts you passed to me. Had to start the C-version, a real opener of the New Year.

First comes the scale drawing:

23w1j40.jpg

Hello Michael,

that is very interesting project. I was contemplating the very same idea, after I build a quarter scale Dragon kit.

http://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=49335

http://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=49028&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

I would say the best starting point is Hasegawa's Dora, and J. Ruttman's propeller for H version. Anyways I'll be watching this this thread like KGB. :)

All the best in 2011.

Martin

I would say the best starting point is Hasegawa's Dora, and J. Ruttman's propeller for H version.

The propeller used on the Ta152C was the same as the propeller used on the FW190D-9.

HTH

Radu

Thanks J,

I appreciate your generous offer much but I have to rape this PC-Kit until it shows up to something you can look on.

There is one good point so far with the PC-TA. When you do a C-version you haven't to clean the right side of the engine cover from the Jumo supercharger adapter. The large fairing on the left left for the DB 603 engine bearer started as a prop of the old Revell 109 filled up with 2-K Putty. The weak bunbs over the cowl canons were bolstered up with 72 scale props. Now it will have to dry overnight.

2uza4pw.jpg

The photos of the Ta152C V7 show a propeller that is (well, to my eye at least) identical to that fitted to the FW190D.

For example compare the following photos:

Photo of Ta152C on page 115 of "The Focke Wulf Ta152" by Thomas H. Hitchcock.

Photo of FW190D9 on page 130 of The Focke Wulf Dora, Volume One" by jerry Crandall.

They are taken at similar angles. To me, they look identical.

I agree that on paper it was meant to be fitted with a paddle prop.

HTH

Radu

Hi,

I'm miles away from bothering with prop questions. Nevertheless it's interesting following the discussion. Thanks for all the hints.

Meanwhile I sanded the bulges and gave them a coat of primer. The flaps are sawn out from the lower wing part and five openings for the spent catridges of the guns were carved.

zjhr8p.jpg

Have some difficulties in sanding the PC plastic it's a little bit fibrillating. The resin wheell wells cost me an hour to thin down the base. Wonder if I use the wings schortened appropriatly or borrow some from the old Hasegawa FW 190-A. :unsure:

Edited by fam43

I decided to do the lower center wing first. PC-offers only a very diminutive engine canon so I added a better one out of some truck parts. at the end it was a fruitless undertaking because you can't see it when fitted to the wing. From Evergreen channel I made an ejection chute, which at last can be seen. :rolleyes:

For these resin parts no real positive allignement points are on the wing. Method eyeball was used to arrange them which is a little bit tricky because you've to use superglue which allows for very few and quick corrections only. Well luck was with me and I got a fairly correct fit. I hope for it. :unsure:

2v9xand.jpg

2mc7wnd.jpg

Michael,

my honest respect for doing it the hard way! I would be way to lazy to do such a big conversion on such a unfavourable base kit.

I do not use superglue on parts i want to be able to adjust. For this i make use of Gator Glue. It has a good grip and you have plenty of time to reposition your parts. But, on the other hand, it´s no superglue with its sometimes too quick drying time.

Thomas