Revell Hawk

heraldcoupe

Hell, for that kind of price I could pick up an AM F-18 nose gear, shape and scratch to fit along with a set of resin nose wheels.

The rest of the differences could easily be scratched I think. The more I look at it (and the more I see if the projected price is right. )the more id like to try scratch building this black Navy T45

DSC_8891.jpg

Hell, for that kind of price I could pick up an AM F-18 nose gear, shape and scratch to fit along with a set of resin nose wheels.

Behave yerself!

I've seen it in the flesh! Looks really cute! :ph34r:

The rest of the differences could easily be scratched I think. The more I look at it (and the more I see if the projected price is right. )the more id like to try scratch building this black Navy T45

DSC_8891.jpg

I saw the Revell 1/32 Hawk T.Mk.1 pre-production build at Telford as well - I it looks reasonably accurate in overall shape, although the details are overly simplified (especially when compared to the Arado Ar 196). Making a T-45A is 'do-able' from the Hawk T.Mk.1 Brian, but the changes are more extensive than you would first think (many of them are very subtle as well). It sounds incredibly good value for money - however, I am very secptical of the quoted price remaining that low by the time that the kit is actually released!

Derek

Hi Guys,

O.k, here is what I was told during my conversation about their latest thoughts on pricing.

This is straight from the 'horses mouth' so I feel that it can be trusted.

Firstly, it is intended that the BAe Hawk will remain within this lower price band subject to tax increases etc.

Revell will go for higher volume sales on this basis.

Secondly, the Arado's first production run will be at the previous published prices, but here in the U.K it is anticipated that the price will increase later due to the VAT increase.

There will also be a slightly higher margin added to help with their tooling costs etc.

The suggested new RRP will be £24.99 or thereabouts from the second run onwards.

So folks, get your cheaper Arado's while you can!!

Personally, I think this model is a steal at £25/$35 U.S anyway!!

Hope this helps everyone.

Cheers, Roy. ;)

So if I understand correcly if I want more detail I need to ask the coverment to lower the tax hehe.

Funny how I forgot all about to pre order this at my local modelshop no need to call him I now see.

Did the glue the panels on this plane no rivet to see.

LoL looks like a naked parrot.

Do they have diffrent departments like I think Trumpeter have for eastern and western airplanes so much diffrent in detail and care.

The Arado and up coming heinkel they have so much to show for.

and this is like the Eurofighter soft in all the detail exept of the out line.

johan

Yep, looks like the Eurofighter (or He-162) strategy. Basic outline, lacking details, cheap price. Hopefully at least the quality control will be better than the Typhoon, which was fraught with sink marks. Anyhow, I bought neither of those kits since they were too basic for my tastes, and putting 2,3 or 4x the kit cost into a build in aftermarket "ain't my bag, baby". I guess the nice balance of cost vs. detail they achieved with the Hunter kit isn't doable anymore.

Yep, looks like the Eurofighter (or He-162) strategy. Basic outline, lacking details, cheap price. Hopefully at least the quality control will be better than the Typhoon, which was fraught with sink marks. Anyhow, I bought neither of those kits since they were too basic for my tastes, and putting 2,3 or 4x the kit cost into a build in aftermarket "ain't my bag, baby". I guess the nice balance of cost vs. detail they achieved with the Hunter kit isn't doable anymore.

I think you should look at the new Arado, excellent low price and fantastic detail!

Don't forget the Hawk is just a first testshot and may probably include some extra stuff.

I fully endorse the cheaper kit route. There must be a lot of kids out there that will want this model after seeing them at airshows and mum and dad will buy it for them at this price.

Get the kids modelling and they will buy more as they get older if they have a nice experience with this type of kit.

The Red Arrows version should sell very well at this price.

I think it's good marketing strategy to get the sales up even higher on what should be excellent sales worldwide.

The enthusiasts market is not the only game in town, and the numbers turnover is important to satisfy all of the bean counters in these big companies.

Let's hope it's a great success if we want more projects like this one! ;)

Roy.

Looks like some nice decal stuff being scaled up there.

Also looks like I have a namesake there, strange as this is the only site I'm a member of!

Phil (who hopes his clone on Britmodeller doesn't upset anybody and I get the blame!)

When I was talking to Dave Hannant from,.... er, Hannants :rolleyes: he confirmed that they will be doing some 1/32 BAe Hawk decal sheets.

He wasn't sure what the layouts would be, but they should be available in the early part of next year if all goes to plan.

We 'chewed the cud' on some possibilities, but knowing Dave he'll choose some dynamite schemes for us to play with anyway.

Here's hoping he does the Raspberry Ripple scheme with the black dragons on the fuselage sides, I love that scheme!

Roll on next year, exciting isn't it. :speak_cool:

Roy.

There is virtually nothing in common between a Hawk and a T-45 other than the basic layout.

That's really all I will need.

As long as the airframe is dimensionally the same, & from the detail shots I have it looks like it would be very doable.

The dimensions of the airframes look close enough to me that it would be doable. Yes, there would definitely be some scratching involved with the moved scoops, rear lower fuse stabilizers, newly (but no by much) shaped rudder, new nose gear, different opening canopies, new lower fuse strake, tail hook., re-scribed panel lines, dive brakes, several new differently placed antennas, and new slightly re-shaped nose and canopy.

I could make a convincing T-45A from the Hawk T.Mk.1. I dont mind scratching in this manor, as the airframe dimensions are close enough for me. I think in the end if I can start with the obvious, and work my way to the less obvious, I dont think it would be the most work Ive ever put into a model.

T-45AGoshawk_HawkTMk1.jpg

T-45AGoshawk_HawkTMk1_superim.jpg

The rest of the interior/dash/seat layout differences along with any other differences including technical and/or shape, on the Navy version, I most likely would not even bother with as they would be close enough for the way I work.

Cheers,

Brian