Hello

Pickles

Hello

I've been looking at the 1/32 Tamiya Spitfire for a while and would really like to build one. (as long as my young son gives me some time!!)

Some of the builds on here are way above my standard when it comes to all the extra detail some of you guys put in.

What type of wire do you use for the extra detail in the cockpit and on the engines? I would love to give it a go.

The only other thing in my way is convincing the other half that i need another model to add to the pile of kits i haven't yet built!!!! Any suggestions on that would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers

Andy

Welcome to LSP!

I use brass beading wire that you can buy at craft stores like Micheal's then anneal it using a Bic lighter i.e. heat it up and let it cool so it becomes soft. It is available in many different diameters.

Many use fine dia. solder but I've yet to find a supplier of really fine solder here.

Welcome aboard, Andy!

I use wire from any place I can scavenge it. Old electronics, telephones, etc. are a good source. Picture hanging wire, fishing line and stretched sprue are also good sources. I'm not the type to buy specialized stuff at premium prices from hobby vendors, when I can find it laying around the house or in things that would normally be thrown away.

Don't be intimidated by the work you see here. We are all inspiring each other and the friendly attitudes and willingness to help always seems to take precedence over any individual ability. That's why this is my favorite modeling site. Less attitude. More modeling!

Cheers!

John

Welcome, I am pretty new here as well and the builds are above my standards but, all the info here is helping me raise my standards.

As for "convincing the other half"...

A friend of mine says, the unbuilt kits are attic insulation. Also point out to her that the more boxes full of resin and PE bits are worth money and if something were to happen to you it will be a decent supplement to your life insurance. So the models are truly helping you save $$$ in more ways than one.

Welcome, I am pretty new here as well and the builds are above my standards but, all the info here is helping me raise my standards.

As for "convincing the other half"...

A friend of mine says, the unbuilt kits are attic insulation. Also point out to her that the more boxes full of resin and PE bits are worth money and if something were to happen to you it will be a decent supplement to your life insurance. So the models are truly helping you save $$$ in more ways than one.

........Lets go with that!

Yes there are some STUNNINGLY high quality builds here, but as John says we are here to help each other and raise the bar for each individual modeler. Matters not your style or ability, this is the place to learn new skills and make new friends. Its a VERY good environment to pic new things up in regardless of your initial skill sets.

Welcome to the nut Hus Andy!

Howdy,

The builds here are truly inspiring aren't they. I've learned a lot hanging out here (and other forums). LSP is one of the best. They folks here are open and non-judgmental. I think you'll enjoy it here.

Re: wire for detailing. Many use fine lead wire. Check out this thread:

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=31714

Mark

Hello

I've been looking at the 1/32 Tamiya Spitfire for a while and would really like to build one. (as long as my young son gives me some time!!)

Some of the builds on here are way above my standard when it comes to all the extra detail some of you guys put in.

What type of wire do you use for the extra detail in the cockpit and on the engines? I would love to give it a go.

The only other thing in my way is convincing the other half that i need another model to add to the pile of kits i haven't yet built!!!! Any suggestions on that would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers

Andy

Cheers for the welcome.

I will get my spitfire ordered and try and put some extra detail in the cockpit and on the engine!

It will probably take me a while to build as the little one will have to be in bed before I start as I'm sure he will want to help me!!!!!

On a separate note how long does it take before us new folk are unleashed on the forum for real???

Andy

Hi Andy,

You'll have fun on here, a great bunch of guys always willing to help.

But please remember to put the accent on FUN!! This is what we do to ENJOY ourselves.

Don't worry about perceived 'standards', everything on here is great and it always get's better. o.k. :bow:

:shrug: Roy.

welcome

if you haven't ordered it yet, check out either LuckyModel or EricYY Model (funny name i know) for some of the most competitive prices

it won't turn up tomorrow, but they will save you A LOT over ordering from the UK

Nick

welcome

if you haven't ordered it yet, check out either LuckyModel or EricYY Model (funny name i know) for some of the most competitive prices

Nick

Nick thanks for that great price from the states! I cant find it that cheep here in the UK!!

Cheers

Andy