Need a new airbrush

phantom

I use a pair of Iwata Eclipse airbrushes and would recommend them. I have one set up with a fine needle and the other with a medium one.

I was having too many issues with my Badger prior to the Iwatas and think they're a lot easier to use and maintain.

my o2 cents

IWATA CS or the H&S 2 in 1

Not that I can use the H&S to it's full potential.

If you can, try them for hand comfort. Might be hard to do with the H&S

If you do long sessions of spraying, you might want to look at the gun type like the Grex or Iwata.

From my experience I instantly got better results with the CS then any other previous brush. That being said, I had finally learned more about thinning etc.

I'll second on the H&S. I have the 2in1 and it is a joy to use. Previously I used Azrec, a Badger 150 and an Iwata Eclipse SBS (? side feed). I still use the Iwata for large coverage, but the H&S is my go to airbrush. I haven't used any of the high end Iwatas but my understanding is that the H&S is of similar quality at a much lower price.

I love my Harder & Steenback Infinity 2in1. It was a close call between this and an Iwata, but no regrets with what I bought.

Before this I used an Aztek and hated it,

Cheers,

Bill.

As you are in the states:

Precision

Paul at Little-cars in the uk for those of you in Europe.

A fantastic dealer/rep. I can not recommend him highly enough.

little-cars

there is now the Harder & Steenbeck Ultra. Intro on Britmodeller

My plan is to have one ultra brush setup for the fine 2mm needle and the other 2in1 will be the for general use.

Given how much of a klutz I usually am this could cut down on the chances of needle damage.

Again my o2 cents. I do not intend to step on any toes here. Just posting my personal experiences with these dealers.

Ive used a lot of air brushes over the years, and gotta go with Dave on this one...........Iwata dual action 2 n 1. CANNOT beat it for effectiveness, comfort and all around durability for the price you pay.

The H&S stuff is nice, but a bit pricey for me, and ordering parts around here and/or getting the brushes themselves is near impossible. Iwata is handled by most all LHS that I know of, parts are almost always redily available, and the thing just plain works; and works well. Very bomb proof as far as operation goes as well.

My 6 pence.

Brian

I use an Iwata Custom Micron 'C' for fine detail and free-handing camo and an Aztec for pretty much everything else. I'd recommend either, although the Iwata is definately on the expensive side. :)

I use a Paasche H. I own two and have had them for over 20 years. external mix airbrush, no muss, no fuss, can line down to 1/32 of an inch. Best of all, it's really easy to clean and replacement parts are easy to find. Not real expensive either. I paid about $65 for my last one a few years back. I've owned Badgers (150's, 200's....) I wouldn't give a dime for any Badger. Peeps like Chris swear by em, but I've never had any real success with em. Those damn teflon (or whatever the material is) washers between the airbrush body and the head are the boon of all things right and proper. :clap2: