Alley Cat 1/32 Spitfire IX/XVI conversion

Kagemusha

This is Great news.

Hey Brad, it for see one can you let us know what the quality is like. I have never seen Alley Cat stuff nor know anything about them. Hard to tell from the photo's but it looks pretty good. Hopefully the quality will match the rest of the kit.

Thanks

Anthony

I rate his stuff pretty high in terms of quality and if there is a problem hes pretty good at sorting things out.

Im definatly tempted by this conversion, it opens up a few more potentials.

Hi Guys

Thanks to Kagmusha for posting this, but I have been left a little behind.

Ok sorry I am a little behind on getting bits and pieces up on the forums, we are just so busy geeting all sorts of projects ready, some of which do not fit into the LSP side, such as armour and some smaller scale items/kits.

Right as for the Spitfire Mk XVI, the correct gun barrels will be included so do not worry as are the bulges for the wings and the inner wheel bay roofs are also modified, and the good thing is there is NO cutting in this conversion.

The canopy was not very clear as that is work in progress one but do not worry the canopies will be as clear as the Ki-100 ones no problem there. Montex masks will also be provided for the canopies as well, so we are just waiting ofr masks, finalizing the bubble canopy and completeing the gun barrels.

It gets even better, we will also sell the 'e' wing update as a mini set that way you can also do a high back Spitfire Mk IX with and 'e' wing.

So ther you go guys be patient and all will roll along in the next week or two.

Hope this clears up this lot of questions.

cheers Ali

Hi Ali,

Thanks for the info, I am interested both in the Mk XVI and the e wing conversion sets, I have the PCM/Cammett conversion but the Tamiya kit is far better for my intended ACM James Robb all light blue Mk XVI low-back.

I hope that you will follow these with a Mk VII conversion set, I am fond of the HF versions with pointy wings in grey/PRU blue, the Tamiya Mk VIII kit is a good basis but needs a replacement rear canopy section, replacement canopy with different canopy rails, etc., probably best tackled with a new fuselage?

Best regards,

Rui Silva

Hi Guys

well looks like I have answered the questions and the interest is there so that is good.

Nick I will do the barrels in resin, I see that MASTER have the brass ones and they are super and I may even use some of those for some of my builds as well, but to keep prices down and logistics to the best I think resin will be prefered (practical) by a lot of modellers and all will be in ONE box, should some have or want to splash even more cash then MASTER barrels are ideal, trust that this is the right decission.

Rui, I will consider the VII and have more ideas in mind as well, just time that runs away from us, also if the sets sell well, it is inspirational for us to do more variants, so the MK XVI is a partila indicator.

Brad, no problem as long as we get all the answers sorted, and keep you guys interested.

cheers Ali

thanks Ali for your most prompt attention - much appreciated

now my (promise) final question: can you provide some information on the schemes you have in your set, specifically, Sqn, location and precise date please?

the thumbnail pics posted on Hyperscale What's New only showed profiles and nothing else, and there is not anything on A2Zee website yet as far as i can see...

cheers

Nick

Hi Nick

Ok as follows

AP A, TE 215 is of 130 sqn as per profile referance Modelmania 5 Supermarine Spitfire IX- XVI by AJ Pressthis is quoted as a MK IX, no date is given

4D V, TB 675 is found in the SAMI Spitfire book and was covered by CMR in their 1/72 scale kit, this is of 74 sqn and reported date is around April 45, SAMI quote the base as Drope. I also have a photgraph supplied to me by a friend but as I do not know whose picture it is or have permission to display this I cannot do so publically.

AE Q, no serial, well cannot see it on picture, this info passed on as the previous one and copied from a book or mag, very clear picture and there is a side profile shown as per our profile, quoted as 402 sqn, and at Fassberg June 45.

So all that does it for me, sorry I have no more specific's but the two pictures tell me a thousand words, other than the date and base etc.

cheers Ali

Thank you very much Ali, really appreciate your responses.

Looks like a XVI conversion for me as well!! If you are looking for suggestions......... the low back XVIe's with 485 sqn look great with crests and nose art etc. I have an Eaglestrike or Aeromaster (cant remember which) 1/48 sheet which I always wondered if we would ever see in 32nd???

Great stuff, and I love your Mossie stuff, especially the Molins conversion! Great to see more 24th Mosquito stuff becoming available. Now all we need is a cockpit upgrade, and more FB-VI details etc...............

Cheers

Anthony

Ok Spitfire boys, thank you for all the interest, I will put a post on here as soon as the MkXVI and the 'e' wing sets become available, as the date is not cast in stone yet, we are just putting the finishing touches to the sets doing the instructions getting some stock together. All being well the 1st of October sounds like a good day to aim for, but DO NOT STRING ME UP if it is a little later.

I have seen some of the other suggestions and ideas for Spitfire conversions and sets and I have already considered 1 or 2 and have done a fair bit of research on the one type, and will consider more. I am not saying more than that at this stage and too be honest any other sets will have to wait till 2011 as (Phil) being my right hand man and main pattern maker and myself have our time table full with other projects that will hopfully make (Telford) the UK Nationals. Not all the items are or will be large scale or even aircraft, but I do have quite a few other projects in line for 1/32 next year conversions and kits. We have quite far advanced plans for two other complete 1/32 scale kits with 2-3 others in high priority positions as well, and most of these will be brand new patterns and thus far subjects that have not been done before. Mostly British subjects, ranging from 1914 - almost current, but ther could be the odd German and Japanese thrown in for good measure.

So best is keep watching A2Zee Models or LSP

I am off to work again, catch you later Ali