Hasegawa Avia S-92

LSP_Kevin

Brilliant work on the scissor links.

Actually, the whole thing looks pretty good.

Interesting to note that the engines on the real thing don't seem to fit all that well, either.

Kev-

Great work so far mano! This thing looks to be turning into one of your best builds yet. I am loving it so far- The links came out great.

I am not sure if you mentioned it before, but what markings are you considering? Looking forward to the next installment......

Cheers-

THOR

Hey, thanks again fellas - you flatter me too much! I'm not a very confident scratch-builder, but don't mind having a go.

I am not sure if you mentioned it before, but what markings are you considering?

Thor, it's in the topic title mate!

Kev

:frantic:

Hey, thanks again fellas - you flatter me too much! I'm not a very confident scratch-builder, but don't mind having a go.

Thor, it's in the topic title mate!

Kev

Sheesh- Here I was thinking you were working on just the Galland edition of the kit. :doh:

Man, I gotta stop reading before noon!!!!!!!

Or get my glasses checked or something!!!!!!

Thor :frantic:

Sheesh- Here I was thinking you were working on just the Galland edition of the kit. :doh:

Well, that's also true, so I can see where the confusion came from. The SuperScale sheet I'm using also has markings for a Czech Avia, and I must admit I'm tempted to use those instead, but I'll probably save them for another day.

Kev

FWIW regarding markings, Jerry Crandell recently noted that White 3 was not Galland's mount, and has put out a sheet with the standard Chevron markings for his plane:

http://www.eagle-editions.com/decal127.htm

Cheers, :)

Doug

Well, whaddaya know! So whether I build 'white 3' or the Avia, it still won't be Galland's machine. :hmmm: Decisions, decisions. I'm not wedded to the idea of doing Galland's bird specifically, so a Luftwaffe scheme still holds the most appeal. But that Avia sure does look different! And quite cool too.

Kev

I had to Google the Avia S-92.

The one depicted by the SuperScale sheet is the famous scheme with the lightning bolts on the nose, and is quite striking (I couldn't find an illustration of it to post).

Kev

Thanks for the chit-chat guys, but I think at this stage I'm still going with 'white 3', Galland's bird or not. My other Hasegawa 262 will be an Avia, for sure! In the meantime, I've been working on the landing gear:

pXlcfc.jpg

yN6rPp.jpg

I took Wolf's advice and added a bit more detail to the scissor links. I got the angle of the retraction pistons on the main legs wrong, so they'll most likely need to be removed and retrofitted after installing the legs (they're currently preventing me from installing the main legs at all). Just a brake line for the nose leg to go, and they're all done.

Kev