RAAF P.38

perry

Hi everyone.

Since finishing the vac Whirlwind, I have been a little quiet on here.

Since around November time, I have been working on or rather wrestling with a P.38 and backdating it from a 'J' to an 'F4'.

I haven't taken any WIP pictures because I wasnt sure that I'd even make it this far! This project has been a complete nightmare to me; if it could go wrong, it has done! :wub:

For an unarmed photo/recce aircraft, this has certainly put up a good fight, kicking me all the way!!

Last night I finaly got to the stage where I decided to get a few pics to see what you guys think. I'm not an expert on U.S. aircraft in fact, this is the first US aircraft I've built since I was a kid. But I'm kind of pleased with how its beginning to ook even if its not perfect. There are a good few details that I have since discovered should have been corrected but at the time was unaware of and there is still lots more bits and bobs to finish.

I used J. Rutmans cockpit together with PE belts (can't remember who's), J.R's engine cowling replacements and white metal u/c legs to support the weight. Theres a 70gram fishing weight in the nose and 10g in each engine nacelle.

Anyways, take a peep!

MVC-520S.jpg

MVC-519S.jpg

MVC-516S.jpg

Very nice work Perry!-Bravo :whistle:

This modification seems very interesting to me! :notworking:

In what scale is this model?

I haven’t heard about this (Jerry Rutmans) resin conversions! Will some one share more information please!

Cheers