BF-110 G-4

ruzlkampf

Onto the 'shrage-musik' installation. I lowered this a bit more and added the rest of the bracing. Also added the ammo can for the rear MG81Z's. I've got some PE ammo belts that will go down into this nicely.

post-4413-1265804163.jpg

Top view showing the ammo can a bit more clearly.

post-4413-1265804203.jpg

I left a few details out, cuz it just won't be seen with the crew in place. With an open cockpit and no crew, this cockpit would look pretty tough detailed to the max. Dragon kit is very nice. Also had a chance to finish off the ETC rack in preparation of zipping up the fuse.

post-4413-1265804628.jpg

And finally got a chance to put that pesky support rod in the center of my radiators underneath. Next update will show the radar installation and completed 'top-deck' of the cockpit from the pilots shoulders up, and the beginnings of my paint job. I'm going to let ya'll guess which ace I'm going to paint this plane as. More pics soon! Later, Russ

post-4413-1265804858.jpg

Whup-dee-doooo, I got distracted for a couple of days.....yet again! Thanks for following along everybody, and the very kind words. I ended up revamping the rear cockpit piece because the 'bubble' on top was slightly too far forward. I actually got this thing pre-shaded today, and realized I'm a bit behind on my updates. I never showed any pics of the cockpit before I installed it! Blast! Here's what's been scattering my attention lately; couldn't resist enlarging some plans of this thing.....and it was all downhill from there. :punk: Swoopy little thing, and it's been smiling at me like a pretty girl. Been trying not to listen to the mermaids song, but I've been bashing myself onto the rocks and wasting a lot of time over this shape lately.

post-4413-1265803222.jpg

post-4413-1265803242.jpg

So many people have been waiting for Zactoman to complete his master for this one ! Go Russ go ! I'd love to see how you tackle this one (that is after you've finished the SR-71 and the "Checkerboard" SPAD XIII ! :thumbsup: :shrug:

Russ,

I'm just getting started on this kit, your thread has been a real treasure trove of good info to use on my build.

Since we're in the same neck of the woods, if you feel like venturing an hour North, the Temecula Valley Model Club (not IPMS affiliated) meets the first Saturday of every month at Hobbytown. We're real laid back and it's a good time, we'd love to see your work in person.

TVMC

Cheers,

Mike

Whuh oh,....I'm stalled out big-time on this project. :hmmm: Can't seem to find a camo/radar suite/ace pilot combo that is palatable to my tastes. (oh yeah,...like I'm soooo discerning? :fight: ) Until I can find what I'm looking for, I guess I'll stall for time by working on the radar antenna and posting more pics of where I was days ago. This is pretty much built up now with a pre-shaded RLM76 finish ready to go. Just can't find an ace that had the type of mottling I want to put on it. :BANGHEAD2:

These are the last set of pics before I run out of in-progress photos and have to resort to bland images of this build mocked up in a 'mono-finish' with it's radar afixed. :goodjob: OK, after installing the pilot and IP....I moved back to the radar operators station for a radar fit. A little bit of framework in front of the equipment, and a splash of paint is all this area gets....it just won't be seen. (you'll see that in a second)

post-4413-1266046828.jpg

post-4413-1266046848.jpg

Next step was to install the gunner, and put the 'false canopy' framework over the top of the radar dude. I got 'fancy' and added a bit of wire to the blind approach instruments over his head. Also, added a bit more framework to the pilots roll bar in anticipation of some future rails that connect all this together. Broad overview as the cockpit slowly gets swallowed up by the canopy.

post-4413-1266047349.jpg