BF-110 G-4

ruzlkampf

Thanks Allok! i can't wait to take it outside tonight and see if this camo really works at all in the dark. :popcorn: Lemmee get down to 'ground-level' and see what it looks like if I wuz 1/32nd scale.

Couple of views from the rear; Oh yeah,.....finally got the 2 other tail lights mounted and ready for paint too. Think those are only on the G-4?

post-4413-1266708048.jpg

post-4413-1266708070.jpg

Whoooeee, sure looks like it has some kind of cankerous pox with all those spots, huh?! :popcorn: And last views before I take a short nap and start whomping on this again tonight. Radar makes the nose look longer and balances out the proportions better I think. Whelp, gotta scram now, it's snooze-time. More pics as things progress! Later, Russ

post-4413-1266708457.jpg

post-4413-1266708480.jpg

Bah hah! Life on the edge Karl,....that's me! :lol: Thanks for looking in, and the gracious compliments guys. Every one of you is a WAAAAAY better builder than I'll ever aspire to be. Wish I could keep from getting distracted all the time. I just might get this darn thing done! :innocent:

Spent most of the day piddling around doing some vacuforming and working on various antenna on the undersides and top of the canopy. Oh yeah, I also made a semi-scale mockery of the MG-81Z's to place in the rear cockpit. I want to close all that up soon.

My bubble on the top of the rear greenhouse was a bit too far rearward in my initial pull, so I made a few extras today.(awful finicky getting the holes for the shrage-musik to line up just so, and fraught with danger) A 'blah' pic of the last canopy I pulled today; real exciting stuff here.

post-4413-1266830344.jpg

OK, made up a mount, and mocked up a 'quasi-scale' MG-81Z rig for some real 'popgun' firepower out the rear. Haven't got a clue on how I'm going to paint this. Those ammo belts and gunsights are extremely small and delicate! Initial test-fit;

post-4413-1266830616.jpg

post-4413-1266830634.jpg

While I was trying to figure out how to get that back off without smashing all the PE, I installed the gunsight for the pilot. 5-minute epoxied all the bits for the front canopy together into one unit to ease painting and installation. The 110 G-4 has the radio directional loop on the canopy top, not on the bottom as in the C-7. It's much smaller than the one supplied with the kit, so I scored one off an ME-109.

post-4413-1266830985.jpg

post-4413-1266831005.jpg

Almost time for cockpit to go bye-bye under the canopy glazing. Test fit of the rear mg's with the as still yet unpainted rear greenhouse. Whew! Got the holes for the upward cannons pretty close 1st time. Nerve wracking business there! :innocent:

post-4413-1266831263.jpg

post-4413-1266831283.jpg

And that's my pittance of an update for today. I've actually been hunched down working on getting some decals made up for this mostly. Lotsa scanning and re-sizing. Pretty much got everything constructed for this now, and markings and weathering should finish it off. Let me step back and show the finished(except for paint) canopy area. I'm guesstimating having this polished off in the next few days. :innocent: Next set of updates just might be of the finale and gallery shots? Getting REAL close. Later! Russ

post-4413-1266831847.jpg

Way cool Dude.You can almost hear those DB's cough to life just from the pic.Outstanding project my friend.Can't wait to see what's next.

Highest Regards,

Gregory Jouette :wow: :clap2: :lol: :) :D

"hey what can say I love it"