B-26 Marauder

maverick728470

The WIP Combat Models of the B-26 Marauder is a step by step for all to see and other pics here are for what you can get as to detail sets and etc.

P1030977.jpg

If you have questions about the detail sets that you see here, let me know and I'll tell you what's what.

P1030982.jpg

There is a pic of a fuselage half that has a strip of basswood as a strengthener as the pic shows. I use it all the time as to giving it a solid base for handling and gluing the fuselage halves together.

P1030980.jpg

P1030979.jpg

P1030978.jpg

Wings, elevators and tail fin

P1030989.jpg

Nacelles

P1030991.jpg

Cowlings w/ air intakes

P1030992.jpg

R2800s for engine and other things

P1030993.jpg

More pics to follow.

Larry

This is gonna be an interesting thread Larry!

Is there an easy way to do the internal bulkheads etc, when I build vacs, I usually find them a pain in the a%£. I either get them right first time or, spend all night getting one right!

The pic with the port side fuselage has the 1/8th of an inch of basswoood stringer running on the inside on the edges of the fuselage for strength and will help when it comes time to glue the fuselage halves together.And will also give a place for the bondo i will use after the bondo has dried.I do this all the time as doing vacs and it helps out in the long run.Larry

Hi Larry,

Looks fine too me, but I do not know a lot about vacuform. A kit like that means you must find and/or scratchbuild a lot. Were the engines part of the kit or did you already posessed them? In the little bags are things like guns, landing gear and stuff like that? Is the drawning also part of the kit or do you need too find that for yourself.

Look forward too see more of this.

Rick.

Looking great!

I bought a 1/32 ver of my all time fav.....a Combat models 1/32 F7F Tigercat. It was an atrocious kit. The extremely complex T-cat gear came from combat models in the form of a metal dowl and most all of the vac surface detail was complete crap.

Also I have yet to tackle a vac kit and it does seem to be a challenging task.

I always wanted to know, when ur cutting pieces out of the vac sheets, which method to U use....cutting perpenticular to the sheet and sanding or do you cut parallel and sand smooth from there?