Hawker Hurricane IId

Butler

No problem, thanks guys.

I've finished one wing now - got the thing glued on earlier :lol: There's still a few bulges and access panels to add yet but I couldn't resist giving it a dust of primer, this has the advantage of stopping the reflections and making it easier to work on.

post-4669-1253987836.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Gregory and Dan :rolleyes:

I've been spending the last few days skinning the other wing ready to refit before adding some of the lumps and bups prior to painting.

In the meantime, i've received a Merlin engine from Holland courtesy of Stephen (Steef237), taken from a Dragon P-51. Stephen was kind enough to send this free of charge - top man :lol:

As you can see it's a vast improvement over the Revell version which they seem to have lost interest in moulding half-way up!

Revell Version:

post-4669-1255116438.jpg

Dragon version. I had to miss out a couple of bits to fit length-wise (and the supercharger is upsidedown to miss out a section I didn't think appropriate for the Hurricane).

Strangely although engine block is considerably longer than the Revell version, the exhaust stacks match perfectly to the cutout on the otherside of the fuselage. The propshaft also matches perfectly to the hole under where the spinner will go. :P :rolleyes:

I had to move the engine bearer out a bit hence the hacked appearance on the bulkhead. There'll be plenty of ancillaries to cover this :lol:

post-4669-1255116521.jpg